STAFF ASSISTANT II
MASSHIRE CAREER CENTER
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the position of Fiscal Support, Staff Assistant II. Under the direction of the Fiscal Agent/Deputy Director, the Staff Assistant II will provide advanced administrative support in the Fiscal Division of the MassHire Central Career Centers’ and MassHire Central Region Workforce Board. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Process incoming and outgoing vendor and sub-recipient contracting activity.
- Perform fiscal administrative support duties including, but not limited to, time and attendance recording, data entry utilizing Excel, and filing.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Monthly balancing of grant organizations using the City’s Accounting system and internal General ledger.
- Perpetually update and maintain fixed asset listing as well as coordinate annual physical inventory.
- Daily mail courier between City Hall and Central Career Center.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Proven time management and prioritization skills, including ability to meet deadlines, multiple priorities, and challenging situations in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to remain professional at all times and provide excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to prepare, process, analyze, reconcile, maintain, and verify records/data;
- Ability to prepare reports and other correspondence;
- Ability to learn operating procedures, project tasks, and workflows quickly;
- Ability contribute positively in a human services environment;
- Ability to exercise diplomatic discretion with polite persistence, good judgment & high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- One (1) year of experience providing fiscal support in a fast-paced office environment.
- Prior experience with data entry.
- Prior experience tracking data in spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid MA driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Three (3) years of experience providing fiscal support in a fast-paced office environment.
- Prior experience working with budgets and/or contracts.
SALARY RANGE: $23.74 - $31.55 hourly, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.