The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
COORDINATOR OF COMMUNITY INITIATIVES
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
CITY OF WORCESTER
PENDING CITY COUNCIL ORDINATION
The Health and Human Services Department seeks applicants for the position of Coordinator of Community Initiatives. Under the supervision of the Commissioner of Health and Human Services, the Chief of Community Initiatives will establish, build and strengthen partnerships with community, local health and human services organizations, and leaders from various sectors of the Worcester community to put forward short and long term solutions to improve the current public health issues impacting our community. This position will manage, coordinate and facilitate meetings, partnerships, and initiatives through the City Manager’s Cabinet for Youth and Families, and will also lead the City of Worcester’s Hub Initiative, which aims to provide equitable wraparound services and sustainable care for Worcester’s highest risk populations.
The successful applicant will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong research and analytical skills; strong experience in policy analysis, development and planning; demonstrated ability to manage complex interpersonal, political and organizational issues; excellent project management and planning skills; and will have demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite. The successful applicant will have the ability to maintain records and prepare reports; extensive experience with grant writing, budget preparation, program development and oversight; understand the basic principles of social justice and the social determinants of health; extensive experience working with health equity; relationship management skills and experience in fostering a team approach to health equity, youth development and creating collaboration among partner organizations in health and human services; and will have substantial knowledge of issues and program strategies related to youth development. Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
• Bachelor's degree in public health, health and human services, or in a related field
• Three (3) years of related experience in community development, youth services, program development, and/or public health and human services AND two (2) years of experience in programming implementation, coaching/mentorship, and/or supervision
• Master’s degree in public health, health and human services, or in a related field
• Six (6) or more years of related experience in community development, youth services, program development, and/or public health and human services
• Prior experience in policy and/or grants development in government, non-profit organizations, and/or public relations
• Prior experience managing personnel, finances, and/or operations.
SALARY RANGE: $53,576.96 - $ 70,148.87 annually, full-time, excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2020 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.