The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
The City of Worcester COVID 19 Response Finance Team is seeking an intern to assist with accounting of all COVID 19 related expenses for the City of Worcester. The successful candidate will have experience and/or education in finance/accounting or related fields. Duties will require advanced knowledge of EXCEL and other financial software. The position will be working remotely under the direction of the Finance Team and will require excellent interpersonal and written communication skills so that a good working relationship can be cultivated with other City departments.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, and contribute to a working team
• Ability to problem solve and dig deep to generate financial and operational solutions.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain good relationships with other City department personnel
• Collect expense data relative to COVID 19 expenditures from various departments
• Create and/or maintain detailed spreadsheets and financial reports
• Communicate with Auditing department to ensure compliance with Mass General Laws
• Learn MEMa guidelines for reimbursement of COVID 19 response expenses
• Post-secondary education in finance/or accounting or related field
• 2 or more years of experience working in private or public finance
• An equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge skills, and abilities required to perform the job will be considered.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Three to five years of experience in public or private finance
• Familiarity with municipal government operations are desired
• Must have good working home computer system and WIFI
STARTING SALARY: $16.00hour. This is a temporary, non-benefitted position
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.