The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
CITY OF WORCESTER
PENDING FUNDING APPROVAL
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Division of Youth Opportunities with hiring seasonal staff, managing and coordinating staff, and academic program logistics. The Administrative Assistant will primarily support weekly seasonal staff payroll, management of curriculum, coordination of staff training, and data collection and analysis. This position is responsible for handling administrative duties, supporting staff and assisting in the program coordinators day to day responsibilities.
The successful applicant will possess strong communication skills; demonstrated proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive; and will have strong understanding of program coordination and management. The qualified applicant will have the ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members; ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests; ability to work with students with special education or emotional needs; ability to provide and receive constructive-feedback; and the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One (1) year of previous administrative work experience in an office setting
• Experience working in youth programs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have an updated physical exam in the past 12 months
• Ability to pass CORI/SORI check
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• Experience facilitating activities and programming
• Worcester Resident
SALARY: $17 hourly, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.