The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
DEPARTMENT OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the position of Chief Information Officer. As a member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for the overall administrative oversight, leadership, planning, coordinating and control of the City’s technology needs. The position is responsible for improving and expanding how the city leverages technology to build higher quality services, improve work flow management and efficiency, provide easier public access to information and assistance and develop innovative solutions to challenging local issues. The Chief Information Officer will ensure all applications, systems, and the network are operational and accessible on a 24/7/365 basis, including the public safety systems; will ensure data security compliance with Federal, State and local laws, regulations, and ordinances; and will develop and implement technical and security standards, policies and procedures. The Chief Information Officer will work closely with technology vendors and consultants, and manage contracts and leases. Responsible for overseeing the City’s cybersecurity awareness program.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of principles & practices of budgeting, fiscal management, project management, strategic planning and business process improvement; knowledge of management and supervisory practices & principles; knowledge of local government organizations and its departmental operating requirements; and skill in managing multiple projects and prioritizing multiples tasks and demands. The qualified candidate will have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form; ability to explain complex technical information effectively to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to research and analyze detailed information and make appropriate recommendations; ability to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate projects and programs; and the ability to develop department goals and objectives.
• Master’s degree in management, public administration, computer science, or related field
• Five-seven (5-7) years of professional experience in managing an information systems/innovation environment and administration including strategic planning
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills
• In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and methodologies of Information Technology, business process improvement and smart city initiatives
• Five-seven (5-7) years of professional experience in managing an information systems/innovation environment in the public sector
• Experience recommending and implementing smart city/innovative solutions to improve municipal services
• Experience with municipal fiscal, budgetary and financial operations of local government
Annual Salary: $125K+/-, commensurate with qualifications. An attractive benefits package, including health and retirement plans, is part of the compensation package. Residency is required but can be waived by the City Manager.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, APRIL 16, 2021 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.