The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
ASSISTANT AQUATIC DIRECTOR (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
HIRING AND START DATE CONTINGENT UPON COVID-19 EMERGENCY
The City of Worcester Department of Public Works is seeking to fill the Assistant Aquatic Director position. This position performs professional duties in the assistance of supervision of Head Guards, Lifeguards, Pool Attendants, Maintenance Aids, Water Safety Instructors, and Gatekeepers in maintaining a safe physical environment at the City’s pools and beaches. The Assistant will act in place of the Aquatic Director when not present.
The successful candidate will have basic supervisory and administrative skills; basic computer skills; a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License; the willingness to perform manual labor and work in a variety of weather conditions; the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; the ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first-aid; the ability to perform daily routine maintenance of recreation equipment, cleaning of restrooms, & emptying trash/removing waste; and the ability to pass CORI/SORI.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) years of experience as a Lifeguard
• One (1) year of experience as a Head Guard at a facility
• Certification in American Red Cross, YMCA Lifeguard Training or equivalent
• Certification in American Red Cross First Aid or equivalent
• Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
• Valid MA Driver’s License
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Certification as an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operation (CPO)
• Certificate in American Red Cross Lifeguard Management or equivalent
• Certification as an American Red Cross-WSI or equivalent
• Experience working with youth programs
SALARY: $18.00 per hour, seasonal, non-benefitted
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. Preference given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.