The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
The City of Worcester values the safety of our employees, our residents and our visitors. In accordance with the City of Worcester's Vaccination Verification Policy, if you are selected for any job with the City of Worcester you must be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit proof of weekly COVID-19 testing.
CHIEF OF STAFF, CITY COUNCIL
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the position of Chief of Staff, City Council to provide direct administrative support to City Councilors. The Chief of Staff is responsible for managing all incoming constituent correspondence, including calls, emails and mail; preparing, planning, and coordinating of all public relations, communications, press releases, marketing, and events for the City Council; researching and preparing a wide variety of records, reports, analysis, correspondences, and/or documentations; and serving as liaison to the City Council for Boards & Commissions, Library and School Committees, and others Committees and Groups. Additionally, the Chief of Staff, City Council will plan, direct, organize, and oversee all functions and activities of the City Council. Ability to work extended hours and weekend days on occasion, when needed, is required.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Thoroughness and attention to detail;
• Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Experience working in a fast paced office environment;
• Reliable, self-motivated, and disciplined;
• Ability to work professionally and compassionately with the public and all levels of staff/management;
• Ability to exercise diplomacy and sensitivity when handling inquiries;
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations and a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner;
• Ability to adapt to change and to respond well under pressure, at a quick pace;
• Ability to work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines and to handle and prioritize multiple assignments (multitask);
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration/Policy, Management or other related field.
• Five (5) years of office experience working with customers/constituents in a fast paced office setting.
• Five (5) years of office experience providing administrative support in a fast paced office setting.
• Worcester resident.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration/Policy, Management or other related field.
• Two (2) years of experience working in Local or State Government providing support to elected officials.
SALARY RANGE: $58,899.17- $78,789.64 annually, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.