The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
PROGRAM MANAGER YOUTH ON-SITE
CITY OF WORCESTER
PENDING FUNDING APPROVAL
The Youth On-Site program takes place in-person across local City parks. It is an outreach based program, aimed to engage youth ages between 10 and 17 in planning and hosting events and activities, where youth can develop leadership skills and be active, while promoting positive public health practices related to COVID-19.The Youth-On Site Program Manager will work with Recreation Worcester leadership and administrative assistants to coordinate logistics, handle administrative duties, and manage staff for the Youth On-Site program. The Youth On-Site Program Manager will also support the Site Coordinators outreach efforts in the development, organization, and management of curriculum/staff schedules, as well as coordinating staff development training opportunities.
The successful applicant will possess strong communication skills; demonstrated proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive; and will have experience with youth work and/or volunteer experience. The qualified candidate will have the ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members; ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests; ability to work with students with special educational or emotional needs; ability to work with youth ages 16-24 and of diverse backgrounds; ability to provide and receive constructive feedback; ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One (1) year of experience in program administration and/or management
• Previous experience in youth work and/or youth serving program
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have an updated physical exam in the past 12 months
• Ability to pass CORI/SORI check
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
• CPR certified
• Six (6) months of experience working with curriculum development
• Experience facilitating activities and programming
• Previous experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
• Worcester Resident
SALARY: $17 hourly, part-time, seasonal, non-benefitted.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.