The City of Worcester is an EEO/AA Employer. Preference is given to Worcester residents.
RECREATION LEADER (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS AND PARKS
CITY OF WORCESTER
HIRING AND START DATE CONTINGENT UPON COVID-19 EMERGENCY
The Department of Public Works & Parks is seeking candidates for the position of Recreation Leaders. This position is responsible for leading, supervising, and conducting activities such as, intermural sports, educational & team building programs, arts & crafts, and assisting with special events. The qualified candidates will have the ability to walk, kneel, and stand for periods of time; ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 48 inches; and the ability to pass CORI/SORI check.
• Enrolled in High School, Trade School or GED
• One (1) year experience working with children
• Previous experience in the field of parks and recreation programs
• Proven ability to maintain a safe environment for others and adherence to provided protocol and standards
• Ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 48 inches
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• First Aid and CPR/AED certified
SALARY: $13.50 hourly, seasonal, non-benefitted
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment. Preference given to Worcester Residents. Open Until Filled. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.