DEPARTMENT OF SUSTAINABILITY AND RESILIENCE
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the position of Energy Analyst to provide technical, analytic, administrative, and customer support to the Department of Sustainability and Resilience. This position will contribute to the development of the goals and actions of the Green Worcester Plan. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Gather, analyze, format, enter, prioritize and share energy and sustainability data for the City of Worcester and its community.
- Work on project-based teams in the delivery of program evaluations, research studies, and other project work related to building energy efficiency, demand response, distributed energy resource markets and programs, and similar topics.
- Assist with renewable energy accounting, including production, incentives, offsets, revenue, etc.
- Assist with updating the greenhouse gas emissions inventory annually.
- Prepare deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and objectives of a wide range of sustainability and resilience topics;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and confidently communicate policies, plans and other pertinent information within the organization and the community;
- Strong project management, organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Detail oriented, enthusiastic and flexible;
- Skill in managing multiple projects and prioritizing multiples tasks and demands;
- Ability to communicate with diverse populations;
- Ability to express complex data analysis in a concise and accessible written form;
- Ability to examine data from different primary and secondary data sources and create meaningful analyses;
- Willingness and ability to learn and think creatively;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Environmental Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Public Policy or related discipline.
- One to three (1-3) years of demonstrated research and analytics experience in a professional and/or academic setting (internship experience will be considered) related to energy and/or sustainability metrics.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of standard productivity software (MS-Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Five (5) years of demonstrated research and analytics experience in a professional and/or academic setting (internship experience will be considered) related to energy and/or sustainability metrics.
SALARY RANGE: $56,853.77 - $67,059.90 annually, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021 to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.