The following is a list of scheduled construction related activity for resurfacing, water and sewer work city-wide. Motorists are advised that there will be traffic delays at these locations during construction activity. The typical hours of work will be from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Emergency events are not listed on this page.
Additional details can be found on the embedded map below.
- Ancona Road (Benedict Rd. to Trent Rd.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Bangor Street (Grafton St. to Lorenzo St.) - Water Work
- Barnard Road - Sewer Reconstruction
- Birch Hill Road (Ridgewood Rd. to Cul-De-Sac) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Blaine Avenue (Main St. to Stafford St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Caroline Street (Grafton St. to Plantation St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Douglas Street (Cambridge St. to Grand St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Eagle Road (Grove St. to Waycross St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Esther Street - Water Work
- Florence Street (Beaver St. to May St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- George Street (Main St. to Harvard St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Greendale Avenue (West Boylston St. to End) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Grove Street (Lancaster St. to North St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Grove Street Terrace- Roadway Resurfacing
- Hampden Street (West St. to Sever St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Harding Street (Kelley Sq. to Arwick Ave.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Haynes Street - Water Work
- Henderson Avenue - Water Work
- Judson Road (Grove St. to Alexander Rd.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Lansing Avenue West (Grove St. to Winter Hill Dr.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Madison Street (Green St. to Gold St.) - Water Work
- Main Street (Austin St. to School St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Main Street (Mill St. to Marble St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Mars Street - Water Work
- Orient Street (Grafton St. to Division St.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Pleasant Street (Main St. to Park Ave.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Plymouth Street (Green St. to Summit St.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Pond Street (Water St. to Harding St.) - Roadway Reconstruction
- Princeton Street - Sewer Reconstruction
- Providence Street (Spurr St. to S. of Doane St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Robin Road (Plantation St. to Clarendon St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Rydal Street - Roadway Resurfacing
- Saxon Road (Greenbriar Ln. to St. Paul Dr.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Shore Drive - Roadway Resurfacing
- Southbridge Street (Madison St. to Quinisgamond Ave.) -Roadway Resurfacing
- Summer Street (Washington Sq. to Goldsberry St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Trumbull Street (Front St to Franklin St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Vernon Street (Gloucester Rd. to Upsala St.) Roadway Resurfacing
- Walnut Street (Main St. to Chestnut St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Washington Street (Harding St. to Lamartine St.) - Road Resurfacing
- Washington Street (Lamartine St. to Ash St.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Washington Street (Lamartine St. to Ash St.) - Water Work
- Whipple Street (Steele St. to Blackstone River Rd.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Whitla Drive (Lake Ave to SUnderland Rd.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Winthrop Street (Vernon St. to Granite St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
Active Resurfacing, Water & Sewer Construction Map
Canal District Construction & Parking
The City of Worcester and Canal District businesses are working together to provide convenient access and parking options during the construction of Polar Park, the future home of the Triple-A Worcester Red Sox, and other area projects beginning this summer. In addition to the ballpark, work will include construction of a redesigned Kelley Square, other street, bicycle and pedestrian improvements, upgraded utilities and initial development projects north and south of the ballpark, to include hotels, residences and retail spaces.
A dedicated website has been launched for residents and visitors to stay up-to-date on construction activities, upcoming traffic changes and parking options. Visitors to the site can sign up to receive weekly email updates. Questions can be addressed by email at email@example.com or by phone at 508-217-3340.
Canal District Construction Website
Main Street Construction
The City is embarking on a top-to-bottom reconstruction of Main Street. This is not simply a repaving project. We’re building a Main Street that is not just a way to drive from Point A to Point B…but a 21st century Main Street, that embraces modern urban design philosophies, that is built to encourage parking your car and walking to multiple experiences, all throughout downtown.
Due to this project, there will be construction activity happening along Main Street. Visit the Main Street project page to view the construction going on in the designated work areas.
Route 20 Sewer Extension Project
The City is committed to working with local businesses and residents to limit the disruption caused during this project. However, due to the nature of the work being done and the constraints of the project area, there will be impacts to traffic and businesses. We appreciate your consideration and patience while we work to complete this project.
Travelers on Route 20 can expect delays when traveling from the Route 146/Route 90 Interchange to Sunderland Road at the Worcester/Shrewsbury border. Expect delays for eastbound morning traffic and westbound afternoon traffic. Commuters are encouraged to seek alternate routes during this project duration.