The following is a list of scheduled construction related activity for resurfacing, water and sewer work city-wide. Motorists are advised that there will be traffic delays at these locations during construction activity. The typical hours of work will be from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Emergency events are not listed on this page.
Additional details can be found on the embedded map below.
- Ash Street (Green St. to Summit St.) - Water Work
- Arline Street - Roadway Resurfacing
- Arlington Street (Winthrop St. to Pattison St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Beaver Brook Parkway (Park Ave. to Maywood St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Blithewood Terrace (Midgley Ln to Blithewood Ave) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Colton Street (Southbridge St. to D St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Commercial Street (MLK Blvd. to Foster St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Crowningshield Road (Houghton St. to Massasoit Rd.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Crystal Street (at Illinois St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Douglas Street (Cambridge St. to Grand St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Emerson Street (Plantation St. to Raphael St.) - Water Work
- Grand Street (Canterbury St. to Southgate St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Greendale Avenue (West Boylston St. to End) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Harold Street (Hamilton St. to Brief St.) - Water Work
- Havelock Road (Hadwen Rd. to Maplewood Rd.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Lewis Street (Southbridge St. to Princeton St.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Main Street (Austin St. to School St.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Northboro Street (Palfrey St. to Pollock St.) - Water Work
- Oakwood Lane - Roadway Resurfacing
- Palfrey Street - Water Work
- Pleasant Street (Main St. to Park Ave.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Plymouth Street (Green Street to Gold St.) - Water Work
- Princeton Street (Southbridge St. to End) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Richards Street (Cambridge St. to Illinois St.) - Roadway Reconstruction
- Route 20 (Sunderland Rd. and Whitla Dr.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Southbridge Street (Colton St. to Princeton St.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Southwest Cutoff (Grafton St. to Greenwood St.) - Water Work
- Saxon Road (Greenbriar Ln. to St. Paul Dr.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Suffield Street (Vernon St. to Perry Ave.) - Roadway Resurfacing
- Vesper Street (Pleasant St. to High Ridge Rd. - Roadway Resurfacing
- Washington Street (Lamartine St. to Madison St.) - Water Work
- Wetherell Street (June St. to Howland Terr.) - Water Work
- Whipple Street (Blackstone River Rd. to Steele St.) - Sewer Reconstruction
- Whitla Drive - Sewer Reconstruction
- Wyola Drive - Water Work
Active Resurfacing, Water & Sewer Construction Map
Main Street Construction
The City is embarking on a top-to-bottom reconstruction of Main Street. This is not simply a repaving project. We’re building a Main Street that is not just a way to drive from Point A to Point B…but a 21st century Main Street, that embraces modern urban design philosophies, that is built to encourage parking your car and walking to multiple experiences, all throughout downtown.
Due to this project, there will be construction activity happening along Main Street. Visit the Main Street project page to view the construction going on in the designated work areas.
Route 20 Sewer Extension Project
The City is committed to working with local businesses and residents to limit the disruption caused during this project. However, due to the nature of the work being done and the constraints of the project area, there will be impacts to traffic and businesses. We appreciate your consideration and patience while we work to complete this project.
Travelers on Route 20 can expect delays when traveling from the Route 146/Route 90 Interchange to Sunderland Road at the Worcester/Shrewsbury border. Expect delays for eastbound morning traffic and westbound afternoon traffic. Commuters are encouraged to seek alternate routes during this project duration.