Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
The City of Worcester Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) is a team of appointed representatives established for the purpose of hazardous materials planning and chemical risk assessment.
The LEPC consists of representatives from government, industry, police, fire, emergency medical services, hospitals, the media, environmental and community groups and citizens.
What Does the LEPC Do?
- Develops plans for responding to hazardous materials incidents in Worcester.
- Works in partnership with government, industry, citizens, environmental and public interest groups.
- Collects information from local facilities that use, store or manufacture chemicals.
- Reviews and analyzes information from chemical facilities to assess potential risks to the community from accidental releases.
- Provides information to municipalities, Fire and Police Departments and citizens about chemicals in the community.
- Conducts drills and exercises to test the effectiveness of the Hazardous Materials Response Plan.