Keep Worcester Clean Program
Keep Worcester Clean (KWC) is a coordinated effort of the Department of Public Works & Parks, Worcester Police, Fire, Inspectional Services, the Graffiti Task Force, the Abandoned Vehicle Program, the Nuisance Enforcement Team and the Worcester Trial Court. Thanks to this combined effort, KWC continues to be a success. Read the latest report here: KWC Summary Sheet
How You Can Help
We must all work together to Keep Worcester Clean. Here are some simple ways that you can help:
- Educate and encourage others to Keep Worcester Clean. Through education and awareness, we can all make a positive difference in our City.
- Keep an eye out in your neighborhood. Report incidents of graffiti, nuisances on private property, missing street signs, abandoned vehicles and blocked catch basins to DPW&P Customer Service by calling (508) 929-1300, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or via live chat.
- Schedule a neighborhood clean-up and join the Keep Worcester Clean Team.
- To avoid recyclables from blowing out of your bin, place heavier items on top.
- Set recyclables and trash at the curb between 6:00 AM and 7:30 AM on your scheduled collection day to prevent animals from tearing into bags.
- If your property is next to a channel or stream, keep the banks clear of brush and debris.
- Keep nearby catch basins clear of leaves, snow and litter.
- Use designated trash receptacles in city parks. Receptacles are for litter, not household trash.
- During the Spring Sweeping Program, sweep winter sediment in the gutters of your street.
- During the Fall Leaf Collection Program, rake leaves from the sidewalk and property areas to the edge of the street gutter. Once the street is posted with the leaf collection flyers, push the leaves into the gutter for collection.
- Illegal dumping is not only a nuisance, it carries a hefty fine. To dispose of bulk items properly, contact customer service for an appointment at the Residential Drop-Off & Recycling Center. For curbside collection, contact Casella at (508) 832-2349. Residents are encouraged to donate usable bulk items to local charity organizations.
- Set a good example and don’t litter! Keep a small trash bag in your vehicle for papers, wrappers and other trash. Dispose of litter and cigarette stubs left on the ground properly.
Please help keep our city clean!