Burncoat Park (North Park)
Location: Burncoat Street to Wawecus Road -
Size/Land Area: 16.4 Acres.
Ball Field? Yes.
- In 1888, 89.421 acres were purchased from John D. Curtis, Joseph E. Bond, Jane Harris, Alfred Smith and Francis Weatherbee.
- In 1894, the city acquired North Parkway as a gift from Edwin P. Curtis, Harriet B. Curtis and Joseph E. Bond.
- In 1908, an additional 2.18 acres were purchased from Charles E. Bond and Olive E. Davidson.
- In 1962, 8.2 acres were taken by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for the construction of the I-290 expressway. An additional amount was offered to the Worcester Public Schools for the construction of Wawecus Elementary School.
- Presently there remains just 16.4 acres of the originally acquired park land.