Opened in 1930, the 4-story Boys Club building originally served the youth of Worcester as a club house and more recently as part of the Worcester Vocational School complex. Previously slated for housing, the vacant building became part of a redevelopment license agreement between the City of Worcester and Worcester Polytechnic Institute which expired in May 2013. The building is currently subject to an Exclusivity Agreement between the City of Worcester and Winn Development Company.
Situated in Lincoln Square just outside the Salisbury Cultural District, the Boys Club Building is a prime development parcel. Its location provides easy access to major routes (Interstate 290, Route 9), the amenities of Gateway Park and the Downtown to the north and south or Highland Street and UMass Medical Campuses to the east and west. The building is eligible for historic tax credits and its Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System listing number is WOR.373.