South High Community School Building Project
The new school will have four levels, and consist of a main building containing a gymnasium, 750-seat auditorium, cafeteria with a bistro and bakery and a media center. The academic wings will be grouped by subject and grade. There will also be spaces for the school's Culinary Arts, Diesel Technology and Early Education and Care programs. Andy's Attic clothing donation program will be accommodated in the new building as well. Additional site features include, a football field, rain garden, solar parking lot canopy and raised crosswalk.
View 3D Model Walkthrough
- May 2018 - Site Enabling Bid Package - Bids Received & Design Development (DD) Submission to MSBA.
- June 2018 - Phase 1 Construction Begins - Site Enabling.
- August 2018 - 60% Construction Documents (CD's) & Sitework Early Bid Package Submission to MSBA.
- November 2018 - 90% Construction Documents (CD's) & Structural Early Bid Package Submission to MSBA.
- December 2018 - Phase 2 Construction Begins - New Building.
- January 2019 - 100% Construction Documents (CD's) & Trade Contractor Bid Package Submission to MSBA.
- February 2019 - Trade Contractor Bidding Complete.
- June 2021- Substantial Completion.
- August 2021 - Students/Staff Occupy New Building.
- September 2021 through September 2022 - Demo Existing School and Build New Athletic Field.
- December 2022 - Project Completion.
At a Glance
- Estimated Budget: $210 million
- Facility Size: 360,000 square feet
- Groundbreaking: August 23, 2018
- Estimated Completion Date: December 2022