For Immediate Release: 5/29/2020 3:47 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for May 29:
• There are 4,102 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 42 cases from Thursday, May 28.
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 270; Holden: 79; Grafton: 82; Leicester: 134; Millbury: 220.
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 166 (decrease of 23 from Thursday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 61 (decrease of 6 from Thursday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 271 (increase of 2 from Thursday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 329 of their employees have tested positive for the virus (increase of 9 from Tuesday).
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 118 since May 1, when there were 284.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 46 since May 1, when there were 107.
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 60 in-patients; Total of 193 treated; 87 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 26 clients (COVID-19 negative; no change from Thursday).
• Senior Center update: Number of seniors contacted to date: 9,207; Outreach phone calls made to seniors today: 134; Number of meals delivered in Worcester today: 1,221.
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Thursday, May 28 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days where there is not a media briefing.