For Immediate Release: 5/25/2020 1:13 pm
COVID-19 Update for May 25; 3,985 Cases
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for May 24:
• There are 3,985 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 23 cases from Saturday, May 23.
• Since April 1, Worcester has seen an increase of 3,805 new cases (average of 70 new cases per day).
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 269; Holden: 75; Grafton: 80; Leicester: 129. (Millbury: 208 as of Friday, May 22)
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 197 (decrease of 6 from Sunday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 82 (decrease of 5 from Sunday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 252 (increase of 7 from Sunday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 315 of their employees (increase of 6 from Sunday) have tested positive for the virus.
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 67 in-patients; Total of 180 treated; 80 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 29 clients (COVID-19 negative; decrease of 1 from Sunday).
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Tuesday, May 26 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days where there is not a media briefing.