COVID-19 Update for May 17: 3,468 Positive Cases
For Immediate Release:
5/17/2020 3:33 pm
The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for May 17:
- There are 3,468 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 75 cases from Saturday, May 16.
- Since April 1, Worcester has seen an increase of 3,288 new cases (average of 70 new cases per day).
- Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 253; Holden: 67; Grafton: 73; Leicester: 117. (Millbury: 191 as of Friday, May 15)
- All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 228 (decrease of 9 from Saturday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 89 (increase of 1 from Saturday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 217 (increase of 5 from Saturday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 276 (increase of 4 from Saturday) of their employees have tested positive for the virus.
- The field hospital site at the DCU Center has 12 patients today.
- Quality Inn Census: the state-run facility for COVID-19 positive individuals at the Quality Inn has 17 clients as of Sunday. That is an increase in three from Saturday, May 16.
- The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Monday, May 18 at 4:30 p.m. at City Hall (Levi Lincoln Chamber, third floor)