For Immediate Release: 6/8/2020 3:40 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for June 7:
• There are 5,031 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 13 cases from Sunday, June 7.
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 310 (no change from Sunday); Holden: 113 (no change from Sunday); Grafton: 93 (1 case removed from Sunday); Leicester: 148 (no change from Sunday); Millbury: 229 (no change from Friday).
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 106 (increase of 1 from Sunday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 43 (increase of 1 from Sunday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 304 (increase of 2 from Sunday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 344 of their employees (increase of 3 from Sunday) have tested positive for the virus.
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 178 since May 1.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 64 since May 1
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 50 in-patients; Total of 208 treated; 97 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 22 clients (COVID-19 negative; a decrease of 2 from Sunday.)
• One male client tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday and has been transferred to a nearby Homeless Hotel. The North High shelter was deep cleaned today. Nurses are monitoring all remaining clients for symptoms.
• One male client was discharged after an altercation with staff and is expected to be placed in alternative housing this week.
• A total of 28 clients have secured more stable housing opportunities or been connected with residential treatment services
• Senior Center update: Number of seniors contacted to date: 10,184; Outreach phone calls made to seniors today: 199; Number of meals delivered in Worcester today: 938.
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Thursday, June 11 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days when there is not a media briefing.