For Immediate Release: 6/7/2020 3:19 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for June 7:
• There are 5,018 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 21 cases from Saturday, June 6.
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 310 (no change fro Saturday); Holden: 113 (increase of 1 from Saturday); Grafton: 94 (no change from Saturda8); Leicester: 147 (increase of 1 from Saturday); Millbury: 229 (as of Friday).
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 105 (decrease of 3 from Saturday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 42 (decrease of 2 from Saturday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 302 (increase of 1 from Saturday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 341 of their employees (no change from Saturday) have tested positive for the virus.
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 179 since May 1.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 65 since May 1.
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 54 in-patients; Total of 207 treated; 93 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 24 clients (COVID-19 negative; no change from Saturday.)
• A total of 28 clients have secured more stable housing opportunities or been connected with residential treatment services
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Tuesday, June 9 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days where there is not a media briefing.