For Immediate Release: 6/6/2020 2:46 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for June 6:
• There are 4,997 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 22 cases from Friday, June 5.
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 310 (increase of 1 from Friday); Holden: 112 (increase of 10 from Friday); Grafton: 94 (increase of 1 from Friday); Leicester: 147 (increase of 1 from Friday); Millbury: 229 (as of Friday).
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 108 (decrease of 21 from Friday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 44 (no change from Friday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 301 (increase of 2 from Friday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 341 of their employees (no change from Friday. This reflects a change in the number reported by UMass on Friday) have tested positive for the virus.
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 176 since May 1.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 63 since May 1
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 54 in-patients; Total of 207 treated; 93 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 24 clients (COVID-19 negative; no change from Friday.)
• A total of 28 clients have secured more stable housing opportunities or been connected with residential treatment services
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Tuesday, June 9 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days where there is not a media briefing.