For Immediate Release: 6/5/2020 3:01 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for June 5:
• There are 4,975 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 26 cases from Thursday, June 4.
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 309 (increase of 2 from Thursday); Holden: 102 (no change from Thursday); Grafton: 93 (no change from Thursday); Leicester: 146 (no change from Thursday, reflecting 1 case removed); Millbury: 229 (increase of 1 from Thursday).
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 129 (decrease of 9 from Thursday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 44 (decrease of 2 from Thursday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 299 (increase of 4 from Thursday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 342 of their employees (increase of 2 from Thursday) have tested positive for the virus.
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 155 since May 1.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 63 since May 1.
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 54 in-patients; Total of 207 treated; 93 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 24 clients (COVID-19 negative; decrease of 1 from Thursday).
• A total of 28 homeless shelter clients have secured more stable housing opportunities or been connected with residential treatment services.
• Senior Center update: Number of seniors contacted to date: 9,993; Outreach phone calls made to seniors today: 154; Number of meals delivered in Worcester today: 1,217.
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Tuesday, June 9 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days where there is not a media briefing.