For Immediate Release: 6/10/2020 4:48 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for June 10:
• There are 5,029 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester
• The City has 19 new cases today
• The current total of cumulative cases is lower than Tuesday’s reported number, and could reflect a removal of duplicate cases, false positive test results or an incorrect address)
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 310 (2 new cases, no change to yesterday’s total as the result of duplicates or older cases removed from the list); Holden: 112 (no change from Tuesday); Grafton: 92 (no new cases, 1 case removed from Tuesday); Leicester: 147 (no new cases, 1 case removed from Tuesday); Millbury: 232 (3 new cases).
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 93 (decrease of 4 from Tuesday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 37 (decrease of 2 from Tuesday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 310 (increase of 1 from Tuesday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 350 of their employees (no change from Tuesday) have tested positive for the virus.
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 191 since May 1.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 70 since May 1.
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 37 in-patients; Total of 210 treated; 110 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 21 clients (COVID-19 negative; decrease of 1 from Tuesday.)
• A female client left the North High shelter Wednesday morning.
• The Family Health Center was at North High Wednesday to test clients, staff, volunteers and North High School personnel. The City is awaiting results.
• A total of 29 clients have secured more stable housing opportunities or been connected with residential treatment services
• Senior Center update: Number of seniors contacted to date: 10,489; Outreach phone calls made to seniors today: 186; Number of meals delivered in Worcester today: 1,104.
• Donations are still being accepted to the Worcester Together Fund at WorcesterMA.gov/coronavirus, or by texting “worcestercovid19” to 243725.
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Thursday, June 11 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days when there is not a media briefing.