For Immediate Release: 6/1/2020 4:08 pm
Worcester – The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for June 1:
• There are 4,204 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 15 cases from Sunday, May 31.
• Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 270; Holden: 83; Grafton: 86; Leicester: 138; Millbury: 224.
• All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 142 (increase of 1 from Sunday) total COVID-positive in-patients and 53 (decrease of 2 from Sunday) total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 286 (increase of 5 from Sunday) total COVID-related deaths. A total of 335 of their employees have tested positive for the virus (increase of 1 from Sunday).
• The number of total COVID-positive patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 142 since May 1.
• The total number of COVID-positive ICU patients in the combined hospital systems represents a decrease of 54 since May 1.
• Beaumont Rehabilitation census: 58 in-patients; Total of 195 treated; 89 beds available.
• North High homeless shelter census: 25 clients (COVID-19 negative; decrease of 1 from Sunday).
• Senior Center Update: Number of Number of seniors contacted to date: 9,408; Outreach phone calls made to seniors today: 201; Number of meals delivered in Worcester today: 949.
• The next City of Worcester COVID-19 media briefing will be held Tuesday, June 2 at 4:30 p.m. on the third floor of City Hall. Going forward, media briefings will be held each Tuesday and Thursday only. The City will provide updated numbers on COVID-19 cases on days where there is not a media briefing.