COVID-19 Update for April 25; 1,697 Positive Cases
For Immediate Release:
4/25/2020 5:43 pm
The City of Worcester has released the following COVID-19 update for Saturday, April 25:
- There are 1,697 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in the City of Worcester. This is an increase of 79 cases from Friday, April 24.
- Since April 1, Worcester has seen an increase of 1,582 new cases (average of 63 new cases per day).
- Positive case counts in surrounding towns: Shrewsbury: 158; Holden: 38; Grafton: 47; Leicester: 70. (Millbury: 138 as of Friday, April 24)
- There are no updates from yesterday on cases within the Worcester Police Department and Worcester Fire Department. There are 5 positive cases to date in the Worcester Police Department and 6 positive cases to date in the Worcester Fire Department.
- All combined medical facilities of Saint Vincent Hospital and UMass Memorial Health Care had 253 total COVID-positive in-patients and 110 total COVID-positive ICU patients today. To date, their facilities have had 78 total COVID-related deaths. A total of 154 of their employees have tested positive for the virus.
- The homeless shelter at the DCU Center has 58 positive clients today. Approximately 6-12 clients will be discharged this afternoon/evening the SMOC shelters at 25 Queen Street and the MLK site. The field hospital site at the DCU Center has 24 patients (non-homeless) today.
- The SMOC shelter at 25 Queen Street had approximately 60 clients last night. The SMOC MLK site had 11 clients.