For Immediate Release: 12/8/2020 4:46 pm
Nominations are now being accepted for the 22nd annual Woman of Consequence and the 18th annual Young Woman of Consequence awards, presented by the City of Worcester Advisory Committee on the Status of Women.
The deadline for nominations is midnight Thursday, Jan. 21, 2021.
The awards will be presented during a virtual program on Thursday, March 11 at 6 p.m.
Nominees for the Woman of Consequence Award must meet the following criteria:
• Exceptional leadership
• Demonstrated dedication and compassion resulting in positive change
• Outstanding role models of community engagement
• Live, work or volunteer in the City of Worcester
• Must be available to videotape an acceptance speech in advance of the award ceremony
Nominees for the Young Woman of Consequence Award must show leadership and tangible results as an agent of change in the City of Worcester and meet the following criteria:
• Currently a junior or senior in high school
• Resides in Worcester
• Demonstrates dedication and leadership abilities
• Must agree to video record an acceptance speech for the award ceremony
Nominees for the Woman of Consequence Award will not be notified unless they are selected to receive the award. Nominators will be notified first of any decisions.
The 2021 Woman of Consequence nomination form is available at https://forms.gle/CNTggq6bgf1Dvoyh7.
The 2021 Young Woman of Consequence Award self-nomination form is available at
For questions or technical difficulties, contact ACSW Staff Liaison Jayna Turchek, at email@example.com.