For Immediate Release: 8/13/2020 5:42 pm
The City of Worcester, in partnership with the Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District, have adapted the popular outdoor “Movies on the Common” series to COVID-19 protocol. “Movies on the Lot” will offer a free screening of “Jumanji: The Next Level” to guests in their vehicles the evening of Thursday, Aug. 20 in the Francis J. McGrath Municipal Parking Lot, 3 Salem St., Worcester.
The lot will open to guests in vehicles at 7 p.m., and the movie is scheduled for an 8 p.m. start. “Jumanji: The Next Level” is rated PG-13 and has a run time of 123 minutes.
While the event is open to all Worcester County residents, current safety regulations require pre-registration to the event, and the number of vehicles admitted will be limited. Attendees must remain in their vehicles at all times, except while using restroom facilities. Entry will be denied to vehicles and groups that have not registered through Eventbrite, and registration will be open on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Event registration can be done at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jumanji-the-next-level-movies-on-the-lot-tickets-116800157415
To ensure safety for all present, movie-goers are asked to keep the following considerations in mind:
• Guests must wear face coverings when communicating with staff.
• Attendees must remain in vehicle at all times, unless using the restroom or handwashing sites.
• Vehicles will be spaced 6 feet apart. RVs, bicycles and motorcycles will not be permitted.
Additional considerations to maximize enjoyment of Movies on the Lot include:
• Be prepared to show your Eventbrite RSVP upon arrival. Either a printed version or a phone confirmation will be accepted.
• Parking will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please follow guidance from event staff.
• Audio will be transmitted via FM radio, and audio devices will not be provided. If your vehicle does not have an FM radio, consider bringing a portable, battery-powered radio.
• As concessions will not be offered, attendees are welcome to bring their own food and beverages. Any garbage must be taken with you at the end of the film.
• Out of respect for other attendees, smoking and the consumption of alcohol are prohibited at this event. Do not allow your car to idle and shut off all lights for the duration of the film. Patrons will be responsible for covering any lights which cannot be turned off, such as daytime running lights.
• Upon exit, event reentry will not be permitted.