YOUTH, PARKS AND RECREATION COMMITTEE
MARCH 13, 2006
Convened: 5:33 p.m.
Adjourned: 7:50 p.m.
Councilor Frederick C. Rushton
Councilor Kathleen M. Toomey
Councilor Gary Rosen @ 5:45 p.m.
Also: DPW Asst Commissioner Parks Robert Antonelli
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Relative to Worcester Common Restoration Master Plan.
#18G CM July 6, 2004
2. Relative to an update on the Worcester Common Restoration Project.
#18A CM July 19, 2005
4. Relative to a Grant Award for $400,000.00 for the renovations of Beaver Brook Park from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs, Department of Conservation Services Urban Self Help Program in Cooperation with the Worcester Department of Public Works Daylighting of the Culvert at Beaver Brook.
#18C CM February 8, 2005
5. Relative to Beaver Brook Culvert and Park Improvements.
#18C CM March 22, 2005
6. Relative to itemization costs for daylighting Beaver Brook Culvert.
#58 CC June 21, 2005
7. Relative to the Beaver Brook Daylighting and Field Renovation Project.
#13A CM January 31, 2006
1. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with the cost that was estimated to build the playing field at Beaver Brook Park that has been eliminated.
2. Request the City Manager to review the Master Plan for Beaver Brook Park and report to the City Council regarding an estimated cost for a concession stand near the proposed football field and for restrooms near the Little League fields, so that these might be included in the final plans in the event sufficient funding is available.
3. Request the City Manager and/or the Superintendent of the Worcester Public Schools to provide the City Council with a transition plan for the Worcester Vikings to utilize the fields and lighting at Foley Stadium.
4. Request the City Manager to request the Police Chief to enforce the “No Alcohol” policy at Beaver Brook Park.
5. Request the City Manager request the operator of the Mayfield Big Y Supermarket to consider installing a live screening between their store entrance and parking area and the homes on the east side of Mann Street.
6. Request the City Manager to request the Commissioner of the Department of Public Works to provide the City Council with the reasoning behind the elimination of the footbridge from the Beaver Brook Park Master Plan as well as the savings that are to be realized by the design change.
7. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a description of the berm to be installed along the waterway that is to be daylighted in Beaver Brook Park; including materials to be used and the height above the grade of the water and surrounding fields.
8. Request the City Manager to request the Police Chief to install a periodic speeding surveillance detail in Mann Street.
1. Paul Richards, 39 Mann Street, Worcester
2. Jim Moore, 15 Rich Street, Worcester
3. Aaron Perna, 40 Mann Street, Worcester
4. Doug Hannam, 2 Durant Way, Worcester
8. Order of Councillor Clancy – Request City Manager consider putting a spot light in the Greenwood Park parking lot for safety reasons.
#37 CC July 1, 2003
In Committee March 31, 2004 – Held
In Committee June 29, 2004 – Held