TRAFFIC AND PARKING COMMITTEE
JUNE 27, 2005
Convened: 6:04 p.m.
Adjourned: 6:46 p.m.
Councilor Thomas P. White
Councilor Philip P. Palmieri @ 6:17 p.m.
Also: DPW Director of Engineering Joseph Borbone
DPW Traffic Staffperson Ali Khorasani
DPW Traffic Staffperson Jim Pacenka
Worcester Police Seargent John Fallavolita
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Petition of Megan Leazes request handicap parking in front of 67 Stanton Street.
#9 CC April 5, 2005
2. Petition of Noel Gonzalez request handicap parking in front of 36 Lakeside Avenue.
#17 CC May 3, 2005
3. Petition of Councillor Barbara Haller request removal of Resident Parking restrictions on Caro Street.
#25 CC September 21, 2004
4. Petition of Mayor Timothy Murray on behalf of Joseph Early, Jr. request removal or modification of residential parking in front of 29 Chestnut Street to be replaced with parking meters or other business appropriate parking zone.
#17 CC November 30, 2004
Chairman Rushton recused himself and left the room. Councilor White was asked to sit as Chair in his absence.
Recommend Approval to install a 30 minute meter in place of an area currently designated for resident sticker parking
5. Petition of Diane Driscoll request resident permit parking on Shaffner Street.
#7 CC November 16, 2004
Recommend Approval on north side of Shaffner Street
6. Petition of Harry Abrahamian et al request residential parking only on Elizabeth Street.
#10 CC February 15, 2005
Recommend Approval Both Sides
7. Petition of Jeff Dubeau request residential parking on Haviland Street.
#17 CC April 12, 2005
Recommend Approval Both Sides except to retain the Passenger Zone on the west side near Highland Street
Chairman’s Order request the Police Chief to install speeding surveillance in Haviland Street and in Upland Gardens Drive.
8. Petition of Monica Gow et al request 4-way stop at intersection of Hancock Hill Drive and Ardmore Road.
#13 CC May 25, 2004
9. Petition of Mayor Timothy Murray on behalf of Stacey & Nicolas Avril and John Brissette request four way stop at the intersection of Amherst Street and Kinnicutt Road.
#26 CC September 21, 2004
Recommend Leave to Withdraw
10. Petition of Councillor Thomas White and Mayor Timothy Murray on behalf of John Brissette request installation of four-way stop sign at corners of Amherst Street and Kinnicutt Road.
#20a CC April 12, 2005
11. Petition of Cecelia and Ray Mason et al request “No Turn on Red” sign be reinstated on Goddard Memorial Drive at Main Street.
#19 CC May 24, 2005
12. Petition of Barbara White on behalf of Autumn Woods Housing Community request the Traffic Division conduct a traffic study on Upland Gardens Drive between Upland Street and Spofford Road.
#17 CC October 21, 2003
Recommend Leave to Withdraw
13. Petition of Barbara White on behalf of tenants of Autumn Woods Housing Community request the City address very serious and dangerous public safety and traffic conditions on Upland Gardens Drive in the Autumn Woods Housing Community and discuss with neighborhood any and all possible solutions to increased speed and non-neighborhood traffic on Upland Gardens Drive.
#16 CC May 3, 2005
Recommend Approval of an Order request the Police Chief to install advisory speeding trailer in Upland Gardens Drive.
14. Petition of Councillor Michael Perotto on behalf of Paul Fenner of the Edward Street Day Care Center request that a crosswalk be installed across Edward Street in front of the Edward Street Day Care Center at #10 Edward Street.
#51 CC September 7, 2004
15. Petition of Mary MacInnes, Administrator of WRTA, requesting the following relative to bus stop signs:
Install bus stop signs at the following locations by August 27, 2005:
1. Pleasant St. and Olean St. on pole #77
2. Coburn Ave. on pole #44 and #65 - right hand side of the street from Hamilton St.
3. Pole #11 at Anna St.
4. Worcester Center Blvd. (Fashion Outlet garage side) below the Outlet sign approximately 100’ SE of the fire hydrant, and install a sign on the opposite side of the Blvd. at the ramp entrance to the bus lot at Union Station.
Remove bus stop signs at the following locations by August 27, 2005:
1. Route 20, pole #112 & #627 on Sunderland Road at Whitla Dr.
2. All bus route signs on Murray Ave., Piedmont St., Hudson St., Sever St., Newbury St., Austin St., Laurel St., Edward St., Alvarado Ave., Anna St. and Salem St. (Inbound and Outbound direction) near the library.
Remove all MBTA “T” bus stop signs on Shrewsbury St. and replace those with WRTA bus stop signs.
#16 CC June 21, 2005
Recommend Approval as requested