TRAFFIC AND PARKING COMMITTEE
NOVEMBER 9, 2004
Convened: 5:37 p.m.
Adjourned: 6:30 p.m.
Councillor Philip P. Palmieri
Traffic Engineering Staffperson Jim Pacenka
Assistant City Clerk Lisa M. Thomas, clerk
1. Petition of Ida Rome request removal of handicap parking in front of 43 Hadwen Road.
#37 CC June 22, 2004
2. Petition of Richard and Ann Marie Chamberlain request removal of handicap parking at 11 Pattison Street.
#11 CC June 29, 2004
3. Petition of Samuel Beluchukwu request removal of handicap parking in front of 9 Wilson Street.
#14 CC June 29, 2004
4. Petition of Pedro B. Toro request handicap parking in front of 12 Wyman Street.
#13 CC June 29, 2004
5. Petition of Kathleen Rice request handicap parking at 14 Dartmouth Street.
#45 CC September 7, 2004
6. Petition of Cheryl Freeman request handicap parking in front of 11 South Buffum Street.
#25 CC October 5, 2004
Recommend Approval of a 17-foot parking space.
7. Petition of Councillor Barbara G. Haller on behalf of James Freeman request one handicapped parking space be installed in front of 11 South Buffum Street.
#9 CC October 19, 2004
8. Petition of Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr. on behalf of Norman Abood request handicap parking at 179 Delmont Avenue.
#12a CC October 26, 2004
9. Petition of John Savastano request handicap parking in front of 22 Tampa Street.
#12 CC October 26, 2004
Recommend Approval subject to rescinding no parking anytime sign and install a 17-foot handicap parking space at driveway.
PARKING AND PARKING METERS
10. Petition of Terry Pignataro et al request to make unrestrictive parking on the east side of Shrewsbury Street between Muskeego Street and Envelope Terrace.
#8 CC March 4, 2003
11. Petition of Ronald Gustafson, Sr. request 2-hour parking limit on Frothingham Road east side for approximately 200 feet from Lincoln Street end and west side from Lincoln Street to driveway of 5 Frothingham Road 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
#37 CC September 9, 2003
12. Petition of Richard Vo request metered parking spaces in front of 104 Chandler Street.
#17 CC April 6, 2004
13. Petition of Mark Piscillo et al request one hour parking along east bound side of Shrewsbury Street opposite 56 Shrewsbury Street from the corner of 290 ramp to bus stop.
#19 CC April 13, 2004
14. Petition of Councillor Barbara G. Haller request removal of parking meters on west side of Millbury Street between Endicott Street and Sigel Street and replace them with 15-minute parking restrictions.
#13 CC June 1, 2004
15. Petition of Councillor Barbara G. Haller on behalf of Walter Green request 24-hour parking on odd side of Mason Street from Bluff Street to May Street.
#13 CC October 12, 2004
Recommend Leave to Withdraw
16. Petition of Sam Georgiadis, Owner, Uncle Sam’s Pizza request 30 minute parking on left side of Beaver Street 20 feet from Main Street.
#7 CC October 19, 2004
17. Petition of Jack Foley on behalf of Clark University request to install appropriate signage for “ No Parking” 20 feet both sides of Downing Street where the Clark University garage exits onto Downing Street.
#12 CC September 28, 2004
18. Petition of Jack Foley on behalf of Clark University request to install appropriate signage for “No Parking” for 20 feet both sides of the four corners intersection of Florence Street and Shirley Street.
#13 CC September 28, 2004
RESIDENT PERMIT PARKING
19. Petition of Zaida Valentin request resident permit parking for Wachusett Street.
#10 CC April 1, 2003
20. Petition of Councillor Barbara G. Haller request crosswalk repainting at McKeon Road and Cambridge Street.
#31 CC September 21, 2004
21. Petition of Councillor Frederick C. Rushton on behalf of Todd Jarvis request a pedestrian delineator post in the crosswalk in the vicinity of Our Lady of the Angels School at 1200 Main Street.
#22 CC October 5, 2004
Recommend Approval subject to the Our Lady of the Angels School PTO maintaining the delineator post.
22. Petition of Mayor Timothy P. Murray and Stephen T. Patton request stop sign be installed at Whitmarsh Avenue and Claffey Road.
#13 CC October 1, 2002
Recommend Approval of installation of the stop sign facing southbound traffic on Claffey Road at Whitmarsh Ave.
23. Petition of Mayor Timothy P. Murray and Stephen T. Patton request stop sign be installed at Whitmarsh Avenue and Granville Road.
#14 CC October 1, 2002
Recommend Approval of installation of the stop sign facing southbound traffic on Granville Road at Whitmarsh Ave.
SIGNS – MISCELLANEOUS
24. Petition of Councillor Frederick C. Rushton on behalf of Todd Jarvis request two “School Zone – 20 MPH” signs and two “School Zone Ahead” warning signs on Main Street preceding 1200 Main Street.
#23 CC October 5, 2004
25. Petition of Chris Kokalis request to add Christy’s Pizza directional sign on existing directional sign at the intersection of Lincoln Street/Boylston Street.
#15 Cc October 14, 2003
26. Petition of Councillor Thomas P. White request signs on Brattle Street and Ararat Street stating Brattle Street is not a truck route.
#12d CC May 4, 2004
27. Petition of Councillor Frederick C. Rushton on behalf of Raymond Loughlin request Not a Thru Street sign be placed above street sign on South Flagg Street.
#32 CC June 22, 2004
28. Petition of Councillor Frederick C. Rushton request placement of appropriate signs to clearly mark one-way at corner of Harvard Street
and Highland Street.
#47 CC August 17, 2004
29. Petition of Beau LeBouef on behalf of the Worcester Post Office request to change the street sign at the intersection of Dix Street and Lancaster Street from “Left Turn Only” to one which would allow traffic to continue straight on Dix Street.
#15 CC September 28, 2004
30. Petition of Councillor Joseph M. Petty on behalf of Todd Peckham request installation of “Not a Through Way” sign at the corner of Salisbury Street and Flower Hill Drive.
#24 CC October 5, 2004
31. Petition of Joseph Borbone, Director of Traffic Engineering request to approve a 20 MPH School Zone on Apricot Street in the vicinity of the Sullivan Middle School.
#11 CC October 12, 2004
32. Petition of Bishop Walter J. Weekes, Sr. request installation of a crosswalk light at 1189 Main Street.
#16 CC February 24, 2004
33. Petition of Councillor Juan A. Gomez on behalf of Bishop Walter J. Weekes, Sr. request installation of a traffic light at 1189 Main Street.
#19 CC April 27, 2004
34. Petition of Councillor Barbara G. Haller request to restore traffic signal operation at the corner of Downing and Main Streets due to concerns of public safety.
#16b CC July 1, 2003
35. Petition of Councillor Barbara G. Haller and Stephen G. Abraham on behalf of Dorrina Russell request No Trucks Anytime on section of Apricot Street around #30.
#10a CC January 14, 2003
36. Petition of Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes on behalf of Virginia Kingsbury et al request review of traffic problems on Randolph Road, including number and type of motor vehicle accidents, volume and speed of motor vehicles, including those statistics since 1993.
#25 CC September 23, 2003
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager request the Police Chief to enforce traffic regulations on Randolph Road.
COMMUNICATIONS OF THE CITY MANAGER
37. Relative to Traffic Master Plan.
#24G CM October 29, 2002
In Committee June 16, 2004 – Held
In Committee October 19, 2004 – Held
38. Relative to Grooved Pavement – A Traffic Calming Alternative.
#23B CM September 28, 2004