TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMITTEE
OCTOBER 28, 2003
Convened: 5:05 p.m.
Adjourned: 6:10 p.m.
Present were: Chairperson Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr.
Councillor Barbara G. Haller
Councillor Dennis L. Irish @ 5:10 p.m.
Councillor Michael C. Perotto @ 5:16 p.m.
Also: Director of Traffic Engineering, DPW, Joseph Borbone
Asst Director Traffic Engineering, DPW, Ali Khorsani
Traffic Engineer James Pacenka
Worcester Police Captain Edward Ashe
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Petition of Joanne Ethier, Principal, St. Peter-Marian Central Catholic Jr. High School request crosswalk be installed from Drummond Ave. across Grove St.
#47 CC September 9, 2003
In Committee October 14, 2003 – Held
2. Petition of Joanne Ethier, Principal, St. Peter-Marian Central
Catholic Jr. High School request school zone signage for St. Peter Marian
Central Catholic Jr. High School at 751 Grove St.
#46 CC September 9, 2003
In Committee October 14, 2003 – Held
3. Petition of George Bogoian request Resident Permit Parking on the entire west side of Florence St. from Charlotte St. to Downing St.
#16 CC June 10, 2003
In Committee October 14, 2003 – Amended & Held
PETITIONER LOCATION DATE
4. Norberto Arce 113 Southgate St. #11a CC 2/25/03
5. Donna M. Audette 17 Ellsmere St. #13 CC 4/8/03
6. Donald Bergstrom Whittier St. #15 CC 4/15/03
Across from #10
7. Marian Poreda 27 Perry Ave. #19 CC 4/29/03
8. Gina DeAngelis Romeo 45A Pilgrim Ave. #21 CC 5/13/03
9. Joanne Rochette 17 Clarkson St. #23 CC 5/13/03
10. Jarvis Gresham across from 18 Elizabeth St. #15 CC 5/27/03
11. Dorothy & Timothy 2 Lodi St. #8 CC 5/20/03
12. Mayor Murray on 125 Plantation St. #72 CC 8/12/03
behalf of Richard O’Malley
13. Edythe Daly 21 Preston St. #51 CC 8/12/03
(Extend to 2 spaces)
14. Maria Cabrera 105 Sterling St. (Remove) #36 CC 9/9/03
41 Kingsbury St. (Install)
15. Mayor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Jonathan Lapin request stop sign be reinstated at the corner of Moreland Green Dr., Greenview Lane and Greenside Lane in the interest of public safety.
#69 CC August 12, 2003
1. Richard Wolfe, 8 Moreland Green Drive, Worcester
2. Jonathan Lapin, 11 Moreland Green Drive, Worcester
3. Tracey Raphaelson, 5 Greenside Lane, Worcester
4. Robert Spellane, 4 Glen Brook Lane, Worcester
16. Councillor Michael C. Perotto on behalf of Representative Robert P. Spellane request reinstatement of stop sign at corner of Moreland Green Dr., Greenside Lane & Greenview Lane.
#16a CC September 30, 2003
17. Councillor Michael C. Perotto on behalf of Representative Robert Spellane request “Cautionary Signs” in Moreland Green Dr./Glenbrook Lane area.
#17d CC October 14, 2003
18. Lino A. Osorio et al request resident parking on Elizabeth St. (entire length) #34 CC September 24, 2003
19. Dorothy Galkowski request the installation of Resident Sticker Parking on the northerly side of Spurr St. from the corner of Vernon St. a distance of 180 ft.
#43 CC September 9, 2003
20. Councillor Michael C. Perotto and Councillor Philip P. Palmieri request No Parking in the Harrington Way & North High School area.
#11a CC April 1, 2003
21. Daniel Dick et al request two “Children”
signs, two Speed Limit signs and a Dead End
sign on Iroquois St. and two 90 degree curve signs
where Quissett & Iroquois Sts. join.
#16 CC September 30, 2003
22. Jody & Gary Myers et al request speed limit and “Children” signs on Stockholm St. Further, request stop sign at end of Cornhill St.
#14 CC September 30, 2003
23. James Tivnan request four-way stop at intersection of Dewey St. & Parker St.
#18 CC September 23, 2003
24. Mayor Timothy P. Murray request painting of crosswalks on Harlow St.
#16a CC October 7, 2003
25. Mayor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Thomas Vincent request that the crosswalk on Grove St. at the intersection of Lansing Ave. be repainted.
#16 CC October 7, 2003
26. Mayor Timothy P. Murray & Councillor Paul P. Clancy Jr. request crosswalk painting on Upland St.
#14 CC October 7, 2003
Restriping of West Mountain St.
Two Way Pearl St. (Cost & Implementation)