TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMITTEE MEETING
MARCH 20, 2002
Convened: 6:59 p.m.
Adjourned: 7:55 p.m.
Present were: Chairperson Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr.
Councillor Dennis L. Irish
Councillor Barbara G. Haller
Also: Director of Traffic Engineering Joseph Borbone
WPD Captain Robert Rich
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Review of Department of Public Works –Traffic & Parking Manual
Recommend Hold for the next meeting for review
Petitioner Location Date
2. Councillor John Finnegan et al Coolidge Rd. #68 CC 8/17/99
3. Councillor John Finnegan Copperfield Rd. #70 CC 8/17/99
4. Councillor John Finnegan on 37 Hadwen Lane #71 CC 8/17/99
behalf of John Auble
5. Councillor Janice L. Nadeau Hackfeld Rd. #34 CC 9/7/99
on behalf of Hackfeld Rd. Residents
6. Councillor John F. Finnegan on Coolidge Rd. #22 CC 9/21/99
behalf of Kevin & Catherine
McCormack et al
7. Councillor John Finnegan on behalf Aylesbury Rd. #35 CC 11/9/99
of Andrew & Lisa Freilich et al
8. David Dick Jr. et al Thorndyke Rd. #14 CC 1/11/00
9. Councillor Stephen T. Patton on Thornton Rd. #7 CC 2/8/00
behalf of Nicholas Pellegrino
10. Ralph Cobb Manomet & Lakewood Sts. #17 CC 3/14/00
Elmer & Lakewood Sts.
Lakewood St. at the houses on
the right side on hillside.
11. John Campanale 729 & 769 Franklin St. #11 CC 4/4/00
12. Mayor Raymond V. Mariano on Winifred Ave. #12 CC 5/2/00
behalf of Christopher & Eleanor
13. Wilfred & Theresa Belair Tacoma St. #14 CC 5/23/00
14. Angela D. Dyer et al Mason St. #12 CC 5/30/00
15. Debra Comtois Davis Lovell St. vicinity of #24 CC 7/11/00
Columbus Park School
16. Mayor Raymond V. Mariano on Prudential Rd. #33d CC 7/11/00
behalf of Leonard Ramsdell
17. Courtney Desrosiers 37 Davidson Rd. #60 CC 8/22/00
18. Tony Irving Herbert St. which becomes #18 CC 9/26/00
19. Robert Hemenway Barry Rd. & Toronita Ave. #20 CC 9/26/00
20. Councillor Joseph M. Petty on behalf Proctor St. public portion #17 CC 10/10/00
21. Councillor Stephen Patton Thornton Rd. #19d CC 10/10/00
22. Mayor Raymond V. Mariano on Crowningshield Rd. #7 CC 11/21/00
behalf of William Akasten et al
23. Councillor Paul P. Clancy Jr. on Commonwealth Ave. #9 CC 2/13/01
behalf of Francis Grigas
24. Ed Weldon Jr. Timrod Dr. #16 CC 5/1/01
25. Petition of David McMahon et al request speed bumps on Richards St. and change Richards St. to a one-way street eastbound.
#12 CC March 27, 2001
26. Petition of Robert Hiser et al request speed humps on Idalla Rd. and Idalla Ave.
#65 CC July 17, 2001
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with a dateline when
the Great and General Court might enact previously requested legislation authorizing the
installation of speed humps in the public ways.
26a. Communication of the City Manager transmitting communication relative to Legislation – Speed Humps.
#16B CM March 19, 2002
27. Petition of Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes on behalf of Paul Nagle request handicap parking in front of 51 Perry Ave.
#17b CC November 13, 2001
In Committee February 27, 2002 – Held
28. Petition of Stevenson Vo request resident parking on Hillside St.
#12 CC February 5, 2002
29. Petition of Councillor Paul P. Clancy Jr. on behalf of Robert McGinn request resident parking on Westminster St. from Forestdale Rd. to Northampton St.
#18 CC December 4, 2001
30. Report of the Committee on Traffic and Parking upon the petition of Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr. on behalf of Theresa Marczewski request residential parking program on West Upsala St.
#356 CC January 8, 2002 Recommitted to Traffic & Parking Committee
31. Petition of Councillor Juan A. Gomez on behalf of Mr. & Mrs. Juan Lopez request William St. be converted to resident parking.
#11b CC January 29, 2002
32. Petition of Juan Lopez Velez et al request resident parking at 12 William St. extending from William St. and Linden St. to the parking lot that extends from the side of 12 William St.
#15 CC February 12, 2002
33. Petition of Sophie Allia et al request Traffic & Parking Committee review the St. Nicholas Ave. and Clark St. location for safety improvements.
#18 CC October 2, 2001
34. Petition of Councillor Stephen Patton on behalf of John Atlas request no left turn from Chester St. onto Parkton Ave. from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
#13a CC March 13, 2001
In Committee - February 27, 2002 – held