TRAFFIC & PARKING
AUGUST 28, 2001
Convened: 6:00 P.M.
Adjourned: 7:45 P.M.
Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes
Councillor Janice L. Nadeau
Also: City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
Director of Traffic Engineering, Joseph Borbone
Worcester Police Captain Edward Ashe
Petitioner Location Date
1. Michelle Pacy 192 Vernon St. #16 CC 4/24/01
2. Donald Ducharme et al 25 Shelby St. #20 CC 5/29/01
3. Jacqueline Augusto 65 Houghton St. #13 CC 6/12/01
RESIDENT PERMIT PARKING
4. Gaetjens Jeanty & Leolena Harrigan request resident permit parking on McKinley Rd.
#14 CC April 24, 2001
5. Gaetjens Jeanty & Leolena Harrigan request to have “No Parking” sign removed at 13 McKinley Rd.
#13 CC April 24, 2001
6. Sharon Adams & Terry Davis request resident permit parking on Velander St. from the fire hydrant to Breck St. on both sides.
#18 CC April 24, 2001
7. Theresa Moncrief et al request resident sticker parking on Electric St. from College St. across Davenport St. to the dead end from September 1 to June 1 only.
#19 CC May 29, 2001
8. Anka Ehrhardt, Ph.D et al request a traffic light on the corner of Route 9 and Frank St.
#32 CC November 21, 2000
9. Heather Wendorf on behalf of Faculty, Parents & Volunteers of Seven Hills Charter School request the following proposal for parking in front of and around 51 Gage St.; Amend the “No Parking Anytime” to “2 hours max. for School Business Only” because of limited parking and to have three spaces from the intersection of Berkeley & Gage Sts. to the front of cutout for School Business Only.
#7 CC December 19, 2000
Chairman’s Order Request the Traffic Administrator conduct a study of the curbside parking along Gage Street in vicinity of the Seven Hills Charter School.
10. Elizabeth Saich et al request to change parking restrictions on east side of Fountain St., between Route 9 and including 45 Fountain St. from 24 hour unrestricted parking to residential permit parking.
#14 CC June 5, 2001
11. Meredith Karsberg & Carol Piggford request Traffic Engineer investigate weekend parking situation on Sun Valley Dr.
#14 CC June 12, 2001
12. John & Brian Spokis request a “No Parking Anytime” sign at the terminus end of Ellsmere St.
#25 CC June 19, 2001
Chairman’s Order request the Planning Board report to the City Council what, if any, permitting was granted for the extending of Ellsmere Street including excavations and grading and the placement of jersey barriers.
13. Matthew Atlas et al request Traffic & Parking Committee look into speeding on Parkton Ave. and to install speed bumps and possibly a stop sign on Chester St. before entering Parkton Ave.
#20B CC September 26, 2000
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager request the City’s Legislative Liaison report to the City Council on the status of speed hump legislation, and, report if other options might be considered if the legislation is not progressing as the City wishes.
Chairman’s Order request the Department of Public Works inspect the condition of the pavement of Parkton Street for damages caused by construction equipment in Town of Holden.
14. Councillor Janice L. Nadeau on behalf of College Hill Civic Club Association request Traffic Engineer make suggestions to curb speeding on Electric St. and bus stop situation.
#17 CC April 10, 2001
Recommend Install Thickly Settled signs
15. Councillor Paul P. Clancy Jr. request stop sign on Ames St. at Stockton St. intersection.
#18 CC May 15, 2001
16. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Michelle Wrenn request installation of Deaf Child signs in and around the ALL School.
#18a CC May 15, 2001
17. Councillor Juan A. Gomez request No Parking sign in front of St. Andrew the Apostle Church in the Beaver Brook neighborhood.
#19a CC May 22, 2001
18. Melvin Gonzalez request City Council to post 4 way stop signs between the intersections of Russell St. and Larch St.
#18 CC May 29, 2001
19. Susan Dana et al request two or three Slow Children signs on Bailin Dr.
#13 CC June 5, 2001
20. Susan Dana request Dead End and 10 MPH signs on Bailin Dr.
#53 CC August 21, 2001
21. Susan Dana et al request two Slow Children signs on Bailin Dr.
#54 CC August 21, 2001
22. State Representative John Fresolo request “No Parking Anytime” zone in front of 123 Granite St. be rescinded and in place, thereof request installation of a “No Parking School Days Only” zone.
#12 CC June 12, 2001
23. Paulo DaSilva, Plant Manager, Ginseng Up request the current “No Parking Anytime” sign be changed to reflect unattended vehicles can be towed across from loading dock driveway at 16 Plum St.
#15 CC June 12, 2001
24. Councillor Stephen G. Abraham request the following crosswalks be repainted: May St. at Hamill Rd., May St. at May St. School, Chandler St. at Hadwen Rd. & Chandler St. at Temple Emanuel Parking Lot, and installation of a new crosswalk in Chandler St. near the Bet Shalom driveway which is illuminated by two overhead streetlights.
#16 CC June 12, 2001
25. State Representative John Fresolo request 15 Minute Parking in front of 85-95 Millbury St.
#26 CC June 19, 2001
26. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Henry Krawczynski request No Parking during school hours in front of 10 Deepdale Rd.
#27a CC June 19, 2001
27. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Henry Krawczynski request No Parking sign between school hours be installed in front of 10 Deepdale Rd.
#58 CC July 17, 2001
28. Councillor Paul P. Clancy Jr. on behalf of James Arcure request four-way stop sign at the intersection of Greenfield St. & Brightwood Ave.
#27b CC June 19, 2001
Chairman’s Order request Traffic Administrator review intersection of Greenfield Street and Brightwood Avenue and make signage recommendations in the interest of public safety.
29. Robert L. Moylan, Cmsr. Public Works request “No Parking Anytime” on south side of Albany St. from the telephone pole near the recycling center 161 feet westerly, to minimize property damage and parking congestion near Department of Public Works facility.
#50 CC July 17, 2001
30. Councillor Timothy P. Murray on behalf of Jeff Ryder request “No Speeding” signs at lower end of Blue Bell Rd. in vicinity of Arbutus Rd. and Quinapoxet Lane.
#68 CC July 17, 2001
31. Relative to trailer mounted speed monitor on Chatham St. at the intersection of Oxford St.
#20B CM May 29, 2001
32. Relative to use of municipal garages overnight when winter parking ban is declared.
#24B CM June 19, 2001
33. Relative to operating costs of the Worcester Center Boulevard Parking Garage.
#7B CM June 19, 2001
1. HANDICAP PARKING
Addison St. (No longer needed)
2. PARKING REGULATIONS
Pleasant St. north side from a pt. 19’ east of West St. to a pt. 103’ east of West St. 30 Minutes 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Trial to be made permanent)
Pleasant St. north side from a pt. 103’ east of West St. to a pt. 165’ east of West St. Commercial Loading Zone (Trial to be made permanent.)
Pleasant St. north side from a pt. 165’ east of West St. to Ashland St. No Parking Anytime (Trial to be made permanent.)
3. STOP SIGNS
Glennie St. at Millbrook St. to face northbound traffic (Accident History)
Ingleside Ave. at Hamilton St. to face southbound traffic ( Accident History)
Delete - Inbound
Cliff St. south side at Pole #21
Cliff St. south side opposite 21 Cliff St.
Delete – Outbound
Cliff St. north side at Pole #4
Cliff St. north side at Pole #2