CITY OF WORCESTER
Rules and Legislative Affairs Committee Meeting
Monday, December 28, 2015
Esther Howland (South) Chamber
Convened: 5:37 P.M.
Adjourned: 6:47 P.M.
Joseph M. Petty
Clerk of the City Council
David J. Rushford
|Chairperson George J Russell |
|Councilor Konstantina B Lukes |
|Councilor Frederick C Rushton |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor George J Russell
Mayor Joseph M. Petty|
|Also:||City Solicitor David M. Moore
Assistant City Clerk Susan M. Ledoux
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk|
Communication of the City Manager
Transmitting informational communication relative to the proposed changes to the Rules of City Council.
# 11.13A CM November 24, 2015
1. Ron Madnick, Worcester resident
2. John Provost, Worcester resident
3. Virginia Ryan, Worcester resident
4. Jo Hart, Worcester resident
Recommend to Approval of the proposed Rules of City Council as amended by the Standing Committee on Rules and Legislative Affairs as follows:
1. Changing “citizen” to “public” wherever it appears in the document;
2. Rule 10: Adding a paragraph (d) containing the co-sponsorship provision similar to the school committee’s rule;
3. Rule 33 (c ): To say that the “five minute-no more than twice” speaking rules shall apply and carryover to the meeting when the item appears on the agenda; and
4. Rules 52: Change 60 days to 90 days.