CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Works Committee Meeting
Thursday, February 28, 2019
Levi Lincoln Chamber
Convened: 5:31 P.M.
Joseph M. Petty
Clerk of the City Council
Susan M. Ledoux
|Chairperson George J Russell |
|Vice Chairperson Matthew E Wally |
|Councilor Candy Mero-Carlson |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor George J Russell
Vice Chairperson Councilor Matthew E Wally
Councilor Candy Mero-Carlson|
|Also:||Councilor Gary Rosen;
Commissioner of Public Works and Parks Paul Moosey;
Assistant Commissioner of Public Works and Parks Robert Fiore;
Assistant City Clerk Stephen A.J. Pottle, clerk
Communication of the City Manager
Transmitting communication relative to the Comprehensive Clean City Program.
# 8.7A CM January 22, 2019
In Committee February 6, 2019 - Held
1. Arthur Mooradian, Worcester resident
2. Donald Courtney, Worcester resident
3. Deborah Cary, Princeton resident
4. Matthew Curewitz, Worcester resident
5. Eric Stratton, Worcester resident
6. Keith Scott, Worcester resident
7. Evan Corrigan, Worcester resident
8. Mateo Guadalajara, Worcester resident
9. Nicole Apostola, Worcester resident
10. M. K. Lez, Worcester resident
11. Alex Guardiola, Worcester resident
12. Dennis O’Connor, Worcester resident
13. Shahbaz Soofi, Worcester resident
14. Jo Hart, Worcester resident
Request City Manager provide City Council with a report comparing Worcester to other urban areas such as Lawrence, Lowell, Springfield and Boston in regards to whether each city uses clear bags or bins for recycling, including information as to the sizes of the bags and bins. Further, request City Manager include in said report what urban cities, if any, use both clear bags and bins in their city.
Request City Manager consider developing a program to provide the package of both trash and recycling bags in an a la carte manner, as opposed to bundled together.
Request City Manager look into the possibility of allowing very small businesses the opportunity to utilize the yellow bag trash pickup program.
Request City Manager provide City Council with a report concerning any support that can be provided to businesses selling city trash and recycling bags due to upcharges assessed to the businesses when charge cards are used.