CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Works Committee Meeting
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Clark University - 950 Main St.
Convened: 6:02 P.M.
Adjourned: 7:45 PM
Joseph C. O'Brien
Clerk of the City Council
David J. Rushford
|Chairperson Paul P Clancy Jr. |
|Councilor Joseph M Petty |
|Councilor Kathleen M Toomey |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Paul P Clancy Jr. |
Councilor Joseph M Petty
Councilor Barbara G. Haller (Temporary Appointment)
|Also:||DPWP Commissioner Robert L. Moylan, Jr.|
DPWP Staff Person Ali Khorasani
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
Jeffrey Fisher request that a catch basin be installed in front of 24 Circuit Ave. East.
# 8b CC April 26, 2011
Report of the Planning Board Upon the Petition of Attorney Robert Longden, on behalf of the Trustees of Clark University, request the discontinuance of Downing St. as a public way from Woodland St . to Florence St. and for the removal of Downing St. from the Official City Map.
# 11a CC March 29, 2011
In Committee April 13, 2011 - Held
Recommend Approval on a roll call vote of 2-0
1. Bill Sweeney, Worcester resident
2. David Burgoyne, Worcester resident
3. William Breault, Worcester resident
4. Harriette Olson, Worcester resident
5. Kelly Surette, Worcester resident
6. Kathy Mulhearn, Worcester resident
7. Joe Boynton, Worcester resident
8. Courtney Edson, Worcester resident
9. Paul Bottis, no residence given, Director of Facilities, Clark University
10. Atty. Robert Longden, Holden resident, representing Clark University
11. David Sullivan, Worcester resident
12. Rev. Frank Scollen, Worcester resident
Request the City Manager take necessary steps to remove dormant street light fixture at the corner of Main and Downing Streets.
Request the Standing Committee on Traffic & Parking consider how parking will be accommodated with the closing of a portion of Downing St. including the creation of an additional off-street parking facility.
Communication of the City Manager relative to the traffic impact of closing Downing Street from Woodland Street to Florence Street.
# 10.13A CM June 07, 2011