PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
NOVEMBER 1, 2004
Convened: 6:05 p.m.
Adjourned: 7:40 p.m.
Present were: Chairperson Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr.
Councillor Philip P. Palmieri
Councillor Frederick C. Rushton
Also: DPW Commissioner Robert L. Moylan, Jr.
DPW Assistant Commissioner Robert Fiore
DPW Senior Staffperson Timothy Reiner
DPW Assistant Commissioner of Engineering Andrew Murch
DPW Assistant Commissioner of Operations Matthew Labovites
DPW Director of Traffic Engineering Joe Borbone
Assistant City Clerk Lisa M. Thomas, clerk
1. Presentation – Relocation of Composting Site.
Request that the City Clerk’s office notify residents of Gibbs St. and top section of Lochwan Ave to attend a future Public Works Committee meeting on this topic.
2. Petition of Joan Crowell, President of Leesville Pond Watershed and Neighborhood Association request the City Council make a recommendation to relocate the Hope Cemetery Composting Operation within 6 months.
#10 CC April 8, 2003
In Committee July 30, 2003 – Held
In Committee January 20, 2004 – Held
3. Communication of the City Manager relative to current scenario that is City’s Leaf Composting Operation.
#23B CM May 18, 2004
In Committee September 27, 2004 – Held
4. Communication of the City Manager relative to status of the “Four Corner” reconfiguration of Cambridge and Southbridge Streets.
#23A CM October 12, 2004
Arthur Frost, Mass Highway
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager ask the state delegation to explore the possibility that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts contribute approximately $125,000 for land takings at Southbridge St. and Cambridge St.
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with map designs of Brosnihan Sq., Quinsigamond Ave., and “Four Corners”.
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with a report regarding the feasibility of meeting state guidelines if a two-way access design were implemented on Southbridge St.
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with a report regarding a timeline for renaming Millbury and Ballard St. so that the public may be notified.
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with a report regarding the projected timeline from Mass Highway concerning the closing of Millbury St.
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with a report regarding the total number of lights on Millbury St. between McKeon Rd. and Greenwood St.
5. Communication of the City Manager relative to Route 146 Project/Southbridge and Cambridge Streets.
#23B CM October 12, 2004
6. Relative September’s Report on Economic Development Initiatives. (Part IV)
A. Mass Highway Road Project Schedules
1. Kane A, Route 146/Route 20 Interchange
2. Hurley Square
3. Brosnihan Square/Route 146
4. Washington Square Reconfiguration
5. I-290 Redecking
6. Shrewsbury Street Streetscape Project
B. Coes Dam Rehab
C. Central Garage Replacement and Relocation
#8A CM October 12, 2004