PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
MONDAY, APRIL 12, 2004
832 MILLBURY ST., QUINSIGAMOND ROOM
Convened: 7:00 p.m.
Adjourned: 9:09 p.m.
Present were:††††† Chairperson Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Frederick C. Rushton
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Philip P. Palmieri @ 7:39 p.m.
Also: †††††††††††††††††† Public Works Commissioner Robert L. Moylan
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Public Works Staffperson Matthew Labovites
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Public Works Staffperson Timothy Reiner
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Public Works Staffperson Robert Fiore
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Public Works Staffperson Phillip Guerin
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Public Works Staffperson Michael Ferguson
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† State Representative John Fresolo
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Representatives of Camp, Dresser and McKee
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1.†††††† Report of the Joint Committee on Commerce & Development and Public Works Upon the Communication of the City Manager transmitting communication relative to latest inspection report from Camp Dresser & McKee relative to the Greenwood Street Landfill.
††††††††† #91 CC November 18, 2003
In Committee January 20, 2004 Ė Held
Chairmanís Order request the Administration provide the City Council with a status report concerning the capping project at the Greenwood Street landfill and responses to the issues raised concerning the contractorís work for the Town of Wilmington.
Chairmanís Order request the Administration provide a report to the City Council concerning the loop system in the area of the Greenwood Street landfill.
2.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to Greenwood St. Landfill Clean Water Act violations.
††††††††† #23D CM February 24, 2004
3.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to leachate flow near Greenwood St.
††††††††† #23B CM March 30, 2004
4.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to leachate flow on two streams:† Nippnapp and Stoneline Channels.
††††††††† #23D CM March 30,2004
5.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to our Keep Worcester Clean Program.
††††††††† #29A CM March 16, 2004
6.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to Spring Sweeping Program.
††††††††† #23C CM March 30,2004
7.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to an Update on Illegal Dumping and related enforcement activities.
††††††††† #6E CM January 13, 2004
8.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to land owned by Mass Electric Company across from 100 Grove St.
††††††††† #23D CM March 9, 2004
1. John Fresolo, 25 Dolly Drive, Worcester
2. Tony Texeira, 25 Fairfax Road, Worcester
3. James McGrath, 53 E Street, Whitinsville
4. Tom Dufresne, 13 Forsberg Street, Worcester
5. Paul Lareau, 19 Forsberg Street, Worcester
6. Scott Conte, Marlborough resident, representing P & W RR
7. Debbie Cary, Merriam Road, Princeton, representing MassAudubon
8. Jack Donahue, 11 Butler Street, Worcester
9. Joanne Shatkin, Paxton resident, representing Regional Env Council
10. B Evans, 2 Arnold Road, Worcester
11. Evelyn Silver, 80 Barry Road, Worcester
12. Steven Corey, 922 Smith Street, Providence, RI
13. Donna Williams, 50 North Street, Grafton, representing MassAudubon
14. Peter Coffin, 3 Old Mill Road, Uxbridge
15. Donald Favreault, 35 Adelle Circuit, Worcester
16. Mike Hannon, 5 Orrison Street, Worcester
17. Jane Petrella, 245 Greenwood Street, Worcester
18. Norman Groleau, 44 St Anthony Street, Worcester
19. Russ Cohen, 57 Chester Street, Arlington
20. Howard Durnin, 7 Ekman Street, Worcester
21. Harold Richardson, 9 Falmouth Street, Worcester
22. Peggy Middaugh, Regional Environmental Council, Chandler St, Worcester
23. Mike Creasey, BRVNHCC, One Depot Sq, Woonsocket, RI