PUBLIC SERVICE & TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE
MARCH 26, 2003
Convened: 6:08 p.m.
Adjourned: 8:05 p.m.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Stephen T. Patton
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Michael C. Perotto
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Barbara G. Haller
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes
Also:†††††††††††††††††††† Chief Development Officer Philip J. Niddrie
Asst. Director Technical Services Eileen Cazaropoul
Deputy City Solicitor Michael Traynor
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to forthcoming Tele-communication Forum.
††††††††† #16D CM† March 18, 2003
2.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to Info Tech Program.
†††† #8A CM† March 4, 2003
3.†††††† Order Councillor Petty Ė Request the Public Service & Transportation Committee conduct a public forum with City Manager, Cable TV Advisory Committee and all interested federal, state & local parties, including the Chamber of Commerce, area colleges, businesses and community development corporations concerning the development of a Telecommunications Master Plan for the City of Worcester.
#20 CC† February 4, 2003
March 26, 2003 Public Service & Transportation Committee meeting relative to the development of a Telecommunications Master Plan for the City of Worcester.
#23h CC† February 4, 2003
Chairmanís Order request the Administration provide the City Council with a map of the Goddard Collaborative telecommunications infrastructure as built to-date, and future expansion.
Chairmanís Order request the Administration provide the City Council with a report chronicling Channel 27.
Chairmanís Order request the Administration report to the City Council concerning why cable television channels #11, 12 and 13 cannot be broadcast to the suburban communities.
Chairmanís Order request the Administration report to the City Council within 30 days concerning the telecommunications costs and various contracts between the City and providers.
Chairmanís Order request the Administration and the Worcester Area Chamber of Commerce provide the City Council with a map and report showing telecommunications capabilities.
1. Paul Keleher, Colonial Road, Dover
2. Thomas Wharton, 594 Chandler Street, Worcester
3. John Carnegie, 3 Sorrento Street, Worcester
4. Michael Troiano, 3 Hampton Street, Worcester
5. Marc Smith, 62 Drexel Street, Worcester
6. Mike Bowie, 15 Mount Vernon Street, Worcester
7. Chris Pinto, 58 Wildrose Avenue, Worcester
8. Barbara T. White, 38 Upland Gardens Drive, Worcester
9. Cathy Smith, Holden (Clark University, V.P/Information Systems)
10. Mauro DePasquale, 146 Morningside Road, Worcester
11. Judy Langlois, 117 Morningside Road, Worcester
12. Frank Rocco, 6 Frongillo Farm Road, Worcester
13. Jennifer Grantham, 20 Manor Road, Auburn
14. Doug Lloyd, 63 Downing Street, Worcester
15. Rev. Michael Bafaro, 53 East Central Street, Worcester
16. Jaime Flores, 58 Woodland Street, Worcester
17. Barbara G. Haller, 34 Castle Street, Worcester
18. Thomas Lynch, 98 Lanes Rd, Westminster (WPI representative)
19. Maria Flores, 3 Plantation Road, Oxford
20. Raymond Bilodeau, 5 Newton Avenue, Worcester
21. Mark Love, 41 Hancock Hill Drive, Worcester