PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
OCTOBER 13, 2005
Convened: 6:05 p.m.
Adjourned: 7:02 p.m.
Councilor Barbara G. Haller
Also: Police Chief Gary J. Gemme
Deputy Police Chief Paul Campbell
Deputy Police Chief Giulio Fusaro
Susan Ledoux, Head Clerk
1. Relative to copy of previous strategic plan for the Worcester Police Department.
#19N CM August 17, 2004
In Committee April 14, 2005 - Held
2. Relative to the outcome measurers in the Community Policing Plan.
#19A CM May 3, 2005
3. Relative to Community Policing Initiative for the Worcester Police Department.
#19C CM July 19, 2005
4. Relative to the strategies that will be used to enforce the Noise Pollution Ordinance this Spring and Summer.
#19B CM April 26, 2005
5. Regarding the number of noise pollution ordinance citations for the second quarter of 2005.
#19B CM May 17, 2005
6. Relative to the Worcester Police Departments efforts to research the viability of a mounted police unit.
#19A CM May 17, 2005
7. Relative to translation services that are available at the Worcester Police Department and the Communication Department.
#19B CM May 31, 2005
8. Relative to crime statistics for the sector surrounding Quinsigamond Community College for the months of January 2005 through March 2005 and a comparative report of these statistics for the months of January 2004 through March 2004.
#19A CM May 31, 2005
9. Relative to string of nighttime break-ins throughout the City.
#33a CC June 7, 2005
10. Relative to a draft policy on the use of surveillance cameras prior to activation of the camera installed at 701 Main Street.
#17J CM September 9, 2003
In Committee September 10, 2003 – Held
In Committee October 4, 2004 - Held
Chairman’s Order request the City Manager to request the Police Chief to provide the City Council a draft policy utilizing cameras as a tool for traffic enforcement and/or combating crime and a cost benefit analysis on implementing this policy.
11. Relative to the inclusionary plan to increase the number of women and minorities in City employment.
#14B CM May 3, 2005