PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
JANUARY 31, 2005
POLICE HEADQUARTERS Ė 9-11 LINCOLN ST.
VIEW ONLY Ė TO BEGIN FROM
2ND FLOOR SQUAD ROOM
The View began @ 6:00 p.m. with an opening statement provided by Police Chief Gary J. Gemme. The View concluded @ 8:10 p.m. at which time the Chairperson, Councillor Petty and Councillor Barbara G. Haller offered the following requests as Chairmanís Orders:
1. Chairmanís Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with conceptual development plans for the North Main Street district that might include either the siting and construction of a new Worcester Police Department headquarters building, substantive improvements to the existing headquarters that bring it into compliance with current codes, or, the creation of a headquarters and precinct decentralized station. Said report to include land, infrastructure, moving and construction cost estimates if possible.
2. Chairmanís Order request the City Manager to provide the City Council with a report detailing the current annual expenses for the operation of the police headquarters building.
3. Chairmanís Order request the City Manager to obtain a fair market appraisal of the Worcester Police Department headquarters and firing range land in Shrewsbury.
4. Chairmanís Order request the City Manager to explore with Congressman James McGovern and the members of our local state delegation any and all sources of funding and/or grant monies that could be accessed for the upgrade of the existing police headquarters building or the acquisition of a site and construction of a new facility.
5. Chairmanís Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with an update concerning the relocation of the Parking Clerkís function to the City Treasurerís Office.
The View concluded @ 8:20 p.m.