JOINT PUBLIC SAFETY AND HEALTH COMMITTEE MEETING
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2003
Convened: 6:40 p.m.
Adjourned: 8:22 p.m.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Co-Chairperson Councillor Barbara G. Haller
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Joseph M. Petty
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Juan M. Gomez
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Dennis L. Irish
Also: †††††††††††††††††† Director of Neighborhood Services Paul V. LaCava
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Code Commissioner Jill Dagilis
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Acting Police Chief Carlo Genatossio
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Director of Public Health Francis Birch
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† Assistant Director Neighborhood Services Dennis Hennessy
††††††††† †††††††††††††††††† City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1.† †††† Communication of the City Manager relative to a draft policy on the use of surveillance cameras prior to activation of the camera installed at 701 Main St.
††††††††† #17 J CM September 9, 2003
1. Concepcion Cruz, 15 Benefit Street, Worcester
2. Brian Chandley, 15 Grove Heights Drive, Worcester
3. Carl McCarthy, 71 Camelot Drive, Worcester
4. Joe McKee, Marlborough MA
5. Maritza Cruz, 34 Holden Street, Worcester
6. Jose Piniero, 16 Chamberlain Parkway, Worcester
7. Ediberto Santiago, 34 Holden Street, Worcester
8. Gladys Miranda, 21 Kendall Street, Worcester
9. Rev. Estephan Amparo, 49 Wellington Street, Worcester
10. Paul Rolfes, 701 Main Street, Worcester
11. Steve Rothschild, 4 Lantern Lane, Worcester
12. William Breault, 4 Hathaway Street, Worcester
13. Jesus Morfe, 7 Dupont Street, Worcester
14. Leonardo Candelario, 25 Charlton Street, Worcester
15. Peter Stefan, 838 Main Street, Worcester
16. Blanca Lopez, 714 Main Street, Worcester
17. Maria Santiago, 4 Wellington Street, Worcester
18. Carl Benander, 84 Summer Street, Auburn
19. Frank Zitomersky, 800 Main Street, Worcester
20. Joseph OíBrien, 17 Oread Place, Worcester
21. Tim Nally, 2 Lafayette Street, Worcester
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager report to the City Council within thirty days the direction they are going with reference to the Public Inebriate Program.
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager report to the City Council within thirty days the crime statistics for the area surrounding the Public Inebriate Program.
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager provide the City Council with weekly reports on the effectiveness of the surveillance cameras installed in the vicinity of 701 Main Street.
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager report to the City Council within thirty days on the establishment of a Police substation in the vicinity of 701 Main Street.
Chairmanís Order request the establishment of a Zero Tolerance Zone in the vicinity of 701 Main Street.
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager request the License Commission report to the City Council within thirty days on whether or not the sale of fortified wines may be banned in the City.
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager meet with our legislative delegation to discuss the Public Inebriate Program problems and their potential solutions.
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager provide each of the members of our federal and state delegation within thirty days with a copy of the video of the September 10, 2003 joint Committee meeting of Health and Public Safety Standing Committees.
Chairmanís Order request the City Manager notify the proper correctional and medical facilities to state that it is no longer acceptable that they release their clients to the vicinity of 701 Main Street, Worcester.