PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
MARCH 10, 2003
FIRE DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS
141 GROVE STREET
TO CONVENE AT CONCLUSION OF VIEW
View began @ 5:34 p.m.
View completed @ 6:40 p.m.
VIEW – 5:30 P.M. to begin at South Division Fire Station @ 180 Southbridge St., continue to Brown Square Fire Station @ 676 Franklin St., and end at Fire Department Headquarters where the committee meeting will convene.
Convened @ 6:40 p.m.
Adjourned @ 7:13 p.m.
Councillor Joseph M. Petty
Councillor Barbara G. Haller
Fire Chief Gerard A. Dio
Local 1009 President Frank Raffa
Local 1009 Vice President Donald Courtney
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
Communications of the City Manager
1. Relative to Recommendation Regarding Relocation of Central Street Fire Apparatus.
#12A CM September 3, 2002
In Committee January 15, 2003 – held
2. Relative to the feasibility of placing a new fire station on Franklin Street adjacent to the site of the Worcester Cold Storage and Warehouse tragedy.
#13A CM January 28, 2003
1. Request the Administration report to the City Council the results of any engineering study and associated cost estimates of work to be performed at the South Division, Brown Square and the Grove Street Fire Headquarters facilities so as to accommodate additional fire personnel and equipment, on both a short-term and long-term basis.
2. Request the Administration report to the City Council their projected increase in the number of runs from South Division, Brown Square and Grove Street Fire Headquarters in the event the Central Street facility is closed.
3. Request the Administration immediately repair the stairway at the Grove Street Fire Headquarters in the interest of the personal safety of fire personnel.
4. Request the Administration report to the City Council any improvements that have been made to the South Division, Brown Square and Grove Street Fire Headquarters facilities since 1995.
5. Request the Administration provide the City Council with a listing of any and all properties owned by any entity of the City of Worcester in the vicinity of Franklin Street between Grafton Street and Brown Square.