PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE MEETING
JULY 15, 2002
Convened: 6:06 P.M.
Adjourned: 7:13 P.M.
Present were: Councillor Michael Perotto, Chairman
Councillor Barbara Haller
Councillor Joseph Petty
Also: Paul LaCava, Asst. City Manager
Dennis Hennessey, Neighborhood Services
James Gallagher, Police Chief
Mary Babbidge, Asst. City Clerk
COMMUNICATIONS OF THE CITY MANAGER
1. Relative to U.S. Department of Justice FY01 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant Funding Recommendations.
#18B CM February 12, 2002
In Committee March 14, 2002 – held
1. Deputy Fire Chief spoke relative to Firesetters programs
2. Ginger Navickis, 249 Providence St. spoke relative to Daybreak Domestic Violence Program
3. Patsy Lewis spoke relative to Visions Program
4. Adolfo Arrastia, 5 Pleasant St, Southbridge spoke relative to the Youth Center programs.
Chairman’s Order request Administration provide the formula for prioritizing funding requests under the Local Law Enforcement Block Grant.
2. Relative to FY01 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant Recommendations.
#18F CM March 19, 2002
3. Relative to Proposals for the FY01 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant.
#18K CM March 19, 2002
4. Relative to procedures adhered to for submission to the U.S. Dept. of Justice (USDOJ) Local Law Enforcement Block Grant (LLEBG).
#18B CM April 2, 2002
5. Relative to the use of LLEBG Funds for Salaries and Local Law Enforcement Block Grant Allocations to Fund Police Positions.
#18A CM April 23, 2002
6. Relative to the use of Round VI FY’01 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant.
#18L CM April 23, 2002
7. Request adoption of a resolution to file and accept a Fiscal Year 2002 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant from the Bureau of Justice Assistance within the U.S. Department of Justice.
#18B CM June 25, 2002
Recommend Approved roll call 3-0