CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Health and Human Services Committee Meeting
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Levi Lincoln (North) Chamber
Convened: 4:34 P.M.
Adjourned: 5:11 P.M.
Joseph M. Petty
Clerk of the City Council
Susan M. Ledoux
|Chairperson Sarai Rivera |
|Councilor Sean M Rose |
|Councilor Kathleen M Toomey |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Sarai Rivera;
Councilor Sean M. Rose;
Councilor Khrystian E. King (Mayor temporary appointment);
|Also:||Neighborhood Development Director Gregory J. Baker;
Sr. Housing Development Officer Stephen Connelly;
City Clerk Susan M. Ledoux, clerk|
Communication of the City Manager
Transmitting informational communication relative to the City of Worcester Fiscal Year 2020/Program Year 45 Funding Recommendations for U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Entitlement Programs – Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
# 9.4A CM May 07, 2019
Mr. Baker informed the Committee of changes to CDBG Year 45 recommendations:
1. Quinsigamond Village Community Center – Basic Needs Services decreased from $48,636.19 to $30,161.49 (clerical error);
2. Centro Las Americas – Emergency Food Pantry increased from $37,709.65 to $38,614.16; and
3. EOD – Housing Development Division – Affordable Housing Program increased from $855,000.00 to $872,570.19.
1. Paula Stuart, Chair of the Community Dev. Advisory Committee
2. Ron Charette, South Worcester Neighborhood Development
3. Lorie Martiska, Open Sky Community Services
4. Juan Gomez, Centro Las Americas
Councilor Rivera disclosed she is on the board of the Family Health Center of Worcester, Inc.
Recommend Approval of the accompanying three resolutions concerning U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG); and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME); and Housing Opportunities for Persons and AIDS (HOPWA) on a roll call vote of 3 Yeas and 0 Nays.
Councilor Rivera recused herself from the vote concerning the CDBG funding resolution and left the room.
Recommend Approval of the accompany resolution concerning U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – for FY 2019 Year 45 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) on a roll call vote of 2 Yeas and 0 Nays.