CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Health and Human Services Committee Meeting
Monday, May 15, 2017
Esther Howland (South) Chamber
Convened: 5:31 P.M.
Adjourned: 5:52 PM
Joseph M. Petty
Clerk of the City Council
Susan M. Ledoux
|Chairperson Sarai Rivera |
|Councilor Tony Economou |
|Councilor Candy Mero-Carlson |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Sarai Rivera
Councilor Tony Economou
Councilor Candy Mero-Carlson|
|Also:||Chief Development Officer Michael Traynor;
Neighborhood Development Director Gregory Baker;
Assistant City Clerk Susan M. Ledoux, clerk
Communication of the City Manager
Recommend adoption of resolutions to accept the City of Worcester Fiscal Year 2018/Program Year 43 Funding Recommendations for U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Entitlement Programs – Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
# 9.4A CM May 09, 2017
1. Lorie Martiska, The Bridge of Central Massachusetts
2. Ronald Charette, South Worcester Neighborhood Improvement Corporation
3. Jane Gasich, South Worcester Neighborhood Improvement Corporation
4. Carrick O’Brien, Worcester Community Action Council
5. Kaska Yawo, African Community Education Program (ACE)
6. Frances Anthes, Family Health Center of Worcester, Inc.
7. Gordon Hargrove, Friendly House, Inc.
8. Amy Waters, Worcester Senior Center
Councilor Rivera moved to disclose that she was recently appointed to the Board of the Family Health Center of Worcester, Inc. and recused herself from the portion of the vote concerning their funds.
Recommend approval of the accompanying three resolutions concerning U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) and HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) on a roll call vote of 3 Yeas and 0 Nays
Recommend approval of the accompanying resolution concerning U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) on a roll call vote of 2 Yeas and 0 Nays (Rivera recused)