CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Health and Human Services Committee Meeting
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Esther Howland (South) Chamber
Convened: 5:02 P.M.
Adjourned: 5:45 PM
Joseph M. Petty
Clerk of the City Council
David J. Rushford
|Chairperson Sarai Rivera |
|Councilor Tony Economou |
|Councilor Candy Mero-Carlson |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Sarai Rivera;
Councilor Tony Economou @ 5:04 P.M.;
Councilor Candy Mero-Carlson|
|Also:||Director of Neighborhood Development Gregory Baker; Assistant Chief Development Officer Andrew Taylor;
Director of Housing Development Miguel Rivera;
Principal Staff Assistant Andrew James Pottle, clerk
Communication of the City Manager
Recommending adoption of resolutions to approve the City of Worcester Fiscal Year 2017/Program Year 42 Funding Recommendations for U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Entitlement Programs – Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME), and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
# 8.4B CM March 22, 2016
1. Paula Green, Edward M. Kennedy Health Center
2. Jill C. Dagilis, Worcester Community Action Council, Inc.
3. Evelyn Cabrera, YWCA
4. Kaska Yawo, African Community Education Program (ACE)
5. Ronald Charette, South Worcester Neighborhood Corporation
6. Gordon Hargrove, Friendly House, Inc.
7. Frances Anthes, Family Health Center of Worcester, Inc.
8. Jayde Campbell, The Greater Worcester Housing Connection
9. Mark Borenstein, Community Development Advisory Committee
10. Ron Hayes, The Bridge of Central Massachusetts, Inc.
11. Juan Gomez, CENTRO
12. Janelle Wilson, Jeremiah’s Hospice Inc.
13. Edward Moynihan, Community Development Advisory Committee
14. Todd Williams, Ethiopian Dream Center, Inc.
15. Mesfin Beshir, Ethiopian Dream Center, Inc.
Recommend Approval of four (4) Resolutions