CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Health and Human Services Committee Meeting
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Martin Luther King Jr Business Empowerment Ctr
Convened: 4:36 P.M.
Adjourned: 5:55 P.M.
Konstantina B. Lukes
Clerk of the City Council
David J. Rushford
|Chairperson Gary Rosen |
|Councilor Barbara G Haller |
|Councilor Frederick C Rushton |
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Gary Rosen|
Councilor Barbara G. Haller
Councilor Frederick C. Rushton
|Also:||Director of Neighborhood Services Dennis Hennessy|
EONS Staff Person Paul Morano, Jr.
EONS Staff Person Jackson Restrepo
EONS Staff Person Rebecca Dennison
Director of Housing/Health Inspections Amanda M. Wilson
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
To meet at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Business Empowerment Center (MLK Center), 237 Chandler St. and car pool to various sites in NRSA District.
Tour lead by Bill Randell, President of the Chandler Street Business Association
Communication of the City Manager transmitting informational communication relative to Workforce Development Outreach in Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area (NRSA) Neighborhoods.
# 8.8A CM June 16, 2009
1. Stephen T. Patton, Executive Director of Worcester Common Ground
2. Andy Serrato, Serrato Sign, Dewey St.
3. Gary M. Gaffin, Park Ave property owner
4. Bill Randell, President of Chandler Business Association
5. Suze (no last name given), Family Health Center representative
6. Mary Keefe, Pleasant Street Neighborhood Network Center
7. Dottie Hargrove, Worcester School Committee
8. Al Maykel, The Living Earth & EVO owner, Chandler St.
9. Robert Thomas, Executive Director, MLK, Jr., Business Empowerment Center 237 Chandler St.
10. Glenn Edston, Fieldstone School 237 Chandler St.
11.Ron Scott, HIPP case Manager
12. Doreen Beauchene, 23 Newbury St.
13. John O'Sullivan, President of the Board of Worcester Common Ground
14. Hung Nguyen, Vietnamese Buddhist Center Youth Group, 96 Dewey St. & UMASS -Amherst student.
Request City Manager request the Commissioner of Public Works and Parks to redesign the traffic signals at the intersection of Chandler St. and Queen St.
That the City Council of the City of Worcester hereby recognizes the efforts of the students from the Vietnamese Buddhist Center, 96 Dewey St., for conducting summer clean-up work in the Chandler Business District.