CITY OF WORCESTER
Public Health and Human Services Committee Meeting
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Esther Howland (South) Chamber
Convened: 5:37 P.M.
Adjourned: 7:35 P.M.
Konstantina B. Lukes
Clerk of the City Council
David J. Rushford
|Chairperson Gary Rosen |
|Councilor Barbara G Haller |
|Councilor Frederick C Rushton |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Gary Rosen |
Councilor Barbara G Haller
Councilor Frederick C Rushton
|Also:||City Manager Michael V. O'Brien|
Staff Assistant for Operations Michael P. Gilleberto
Acting Director of Public Health Derek S. Brindisi
Director of Human Rights Fran Manocchio
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
Report of the Committee on Finance upon the Order of Councilor Gary Rosen requesting the City Manager refer the future model of public health services in Worcester, including all recommendations made by the Task Force, to the City Council for community input through public hearings by the Council's Public Health & Human Services Committee.
# 8q CC May 12, 2009
1. Dr. Bruce Karlin, Hopkinton resident
2. Brenda Jenkins, Worcester resident
3. Ann Cappabianca, Worcester resident
4. Debra Vescera, Holden resident
5. Thu Ha, Worcester resident
6. Olivia Peters, Holden resident
7. Sandra Early, Worcester resident
8. Marie Ritacco, Auburn resident
9. Lynne Starbard, Worcester resident
10. James Gardiner, Grafton resident
11. Joanne Jijon, Worcester resident
12. Karen Valentine-Goins, Worcester resident
13.Jacqueline Norton, Worcester resident
14. Paul Hernandez, Worcester resident
Request City Manager report to City Council concerning the future of Community Immunity Day.
Request City Manager report to the City Council the number of community seats that will be established on the Executive Committee of the Task Force concerning the development of a Public Health model for Worcester.